kind of a lame question

Guest rogertaft

Guest rogertaft

I have never tinted windows of any kind, my SUV has tinted windows but they need help on the drivers side windows but thats a different thread.:spit

I am a woodworking hobbiest and found this project online

http://www.michaelholigan.com/departments/...ts/infinity.asp

I am very interested in trying this out but I cant find and of the film the guy is talking about.:spit

He says this

Glass to which sun control film has been applied. This film comes in several densities. Get the most reflective density available (80% or greater). The black backing makes this into the equivalent of a regular mirror.

I dont imagine I would need much and I figure that tinting used for cars would probably be easiest to apply to the glass (remember, I know nothing of this so if that is a horrendously flawed assumption I apologize) and that I would be able to buy it in small quantities. I tried lowes and home depot, but the films they sell are non-reflective

any advice or direction pointing where I might be able to find some of this would be very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Roger Taft

Guest rogertaft
most any manufacturer makes a silver 20 window film.  that'll work for ya.  you might call around to a tint shop in your area.  they might be willing to sell a chunk to ya.  :spit

[*]398697

Thanks Blade, I'll check to see if there are any tinting shops within a 50 mi radius, living in rural Kentucky (yup, internet connections, cars, heck we even have indoor plumbing most places... but a tint shop?? LOL) they might be difficult to locate :spit

Roger Taft

Guest rogertaft
or if ya want to add alittle color there's blue/silver, green/silver, gold/silver,  bronze 20 would work.

[*]398698

I just read this idea to my wife and she LOVED it, thanks, I am definitely going to have to locate some of that I am thinking blue/silver :spit

Guest VOLTRON

are you looking to install it on your car? If so I dont think the reflective film will be legal. If you are installing it on your home or office then reflective will save the most energy and block the most glare depending on what percent you go with. The lower the percent the darker the film.

Guest rogertaft
are you looking to install it on your car?

did you even read his post? :beer click the link to the woodworking project :beer

[*]399106

Thanks Blade, I wasn't sure how to address his question/suggestion without sounding rude :beer

Roger Taft

Archived