Ag Tractor windows

Guest BW1

I am not in the business but I am considering getting into it on the side. I have a diesel repair shop that sevices mostly agricultual applications. My business is in its death throws due to changing technology. I am in a rural area that has very prosperous farmers who have the newest and biggest equipment. My father-in-law is in your industry and does very well in a more urban area. Not wanting to move I was hoping to help both of our incomes by getting doing what I can in this small town. However I live in a town that is difficult to do business in and to suppliment the flat glass and auto market I am thinking I can find a niche with tractor cabs. I have a customer base that I can tap but I have never heard of any one doing tractors. Are there legalities to worry about like in automotive? Does anyone have experience in this area?

I tint for the John Deere and Kubota dealer .I probably do 8-10 tractors a year. I disassemble them and tint. then reassemble. This is probably the hardest way to make money tinting! It really requires 2 people to R/R. every time I do one-I say its my last!!!! BW1 -learning to tint is one thing-starting with tractors is another! Almost all cab tractor windows have to be heat shrank! I realize sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do-but TRACTORS??? Man-they are tough!!! Good Luck! :beer

Thanks for the info. I am still going to consider it though.

Do customers want windshields done? Is it a problem for visibility?

[*]398906

Usually only a strip at the top!

[*]398908

Good to know.

Thank you very much!

Yes tractors or any heavy earth moving machinery are hard yakka. (work)

Pivotting hinges, odd door handles protruding into glass, weird shapes, curves sides big time in some cases, wiper motors and dirt!

Don't like them at all but then again most farmers and the like are as rough as bags and don't give a toss if there is a bit of crap left in behind as long as it is tinted.

devil :beer

Guest willie
I tint for the John Deere and Kubota dealer .I probably do 8-10 tractors a year. I disassemble them and tint. then reassemble. This is probably the hardest way to make money tinting! It really requires 2 people to R/R. every time I do one-I say its my last!!!! BW1 -learning to tint is one thing-starting with tractors is another! Almost all cab tractor windows have to be heat shrank! I realize sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do-but TRACTORS??? Man-they are tough!!! Good Luck!  :bingo

[*]398903

Td'z is right on the money on this one. I despise those things

Archived