Someone please ease my worries

Guest markc23

Guest markc23

Ok, I got my windows tinted yesterday afternoon, they looked ok, they kinda look scratched and hazy in a lot of areas, but I ignored that. I specifically told myself not to roll the windows down. I was doing good until today on lunch when I went to the atm. I rolled my driver side window down about two inches, and it got stuck for a second, then it slowly creeped back up( I have power windows). I looked closely at the tint, and I dont see any tears or anything, but I do see a ton of small little bubbles. there are some in the other windows too, but not near like this window that I partly rolled down. What would rolling down the window cause? I mean am I just being over paranoid now that I rolled the window down some, and that made me notice these bubbles? or is it possible that rolling the window down some caused these. Also, what are the chances that these will go away?

Guest vclimber

Most of the time there is nothing to worry about. Without a picture though it is really hard to acess what is wrong, or is normal. Let your windows dry and if you still have the bubbles after the drying period, then take back and let the shop look at it for you. :beer

Guest markc23

thanks, I mean the bubble are like the size of a pin head and there are several all together in one area, but there are some on other windows just like it, I guess im just worried if rolling my window down some damaged the tint somehow. I mean obviously there is a reason why you guys say not to roll them down, why is that?

Guest vclimber
thanks, I mean the bubble are like the size of a pin head and there are several all together in one area, but there are some on other windows just like it, I guess im just worried if rolling my window down some damaged the tint somehow. I mean obviously there is a reason why you guys say not to roll them down, why is that?

[*]399122

If your top edge did not peel back on the way up, then you're probably fine. Bubbles should go away after some cook time in the sun. :beer

the gaskets on the inside were likely tucked down to tint it. the "stuck" feeling was probably them flipping back into position after the first rolldown. some tinters do it like that, not a problem if the rubber did actually flip back into position. Little pinhole sized bubbles could just be moisture or dirt in the tint.A trip back to the shop won't hurt their feelings!

Guest markc23

thanks for all the input guys, this forum is awesome. I am feeling better all ready. I can't tell if the tint is peeled back at the top. I mean I rolled it back up immediately, and of course looking at the top it looks fine, but its tucked back up in the door, so I couldnt say for sure. As for the bubbles, I really hope they go away because they are pretty noticeable. It has been 80 here all day, and they are still there, but im assuming it probably takes a few days.

Most of the time there is nothing to worry about. Without a picture though it is really hard to acess what is wrong, or is normal. Let your windows dry and if you still have the bubbles after the drying period, then take back and let the shop look at it for you. :beer

[*]399120

Hey VC, I'm surprised by you post with your experience.

Any tinter worth his salt knows the guy has dirt...pure and simple causing the white pin spots he's referring too.

Do as Kats says...take it back...contamination shouldn't be free but if you have paid for the job, then he's charged you for it. :beer

Devil

Guest vclimber

[*]399120

Hey VC, I'm surprised by you post with your experience.

Any tinter worth his salt knows the guy has dirt...pure and simple causing the white pin spots he's referring too.

Do as Kats says...take it back...contamination shouldn't be free but if you have paid for the job, then he's charged you for it. :beer

Devil

[*]399150

:beer I'm just trying to give the shop a chance. :beer They'll just tell him to bring it back after it drys even if it is contamination... "anyone that knows his salt knows that will happen as well." :wall

Archived