just getting started

Guest rcjello

Guest rcjello

Hello I'm new to the forums. I have been tinting for a little more than 3 years. I have an opportunity to branch out on my own. And I mean on my own.... nobody will be there helping me at all. Our store has been leading the south west florida area in tint for about 7 years running. I haven't met a car I cant beat (even those gasketless old mercedes with 20 years of dirt) :spit . Any way I feel I'm ready to do the work and I have a bay rent free at a stereo shop to work in. Please Please please give me any advice. I know we can't support any one brand of tint or discuss prices but I sure could use some or your advice. I'm taking a huge risk to do this and I'm going to openning in August. So I"m a good tinter with amature business experience.

Thanks all :spit

run wit it man! that's a great place to start. you can build your biz there until you can afford to do it without somebody else's name on the door.

thats a great opportunity, and do what MW said too!

And I mean on my own.... nobody will be there helping me at all.

[*]399238

:spit

We're all here!

I'm on my own but I consider everyone here almost like co-workers.... When I talk tint with my family they kindof just get this glassy look in their eyes and just hear :spit:lol2:):):spit:)

Anyway, GL with your plans... :)

RoAcH

run wit it man! that's a great place to start. you can build your biz there until you can afford to do it without somebody else's name on the door.

thats a great opportunity, and do what MW said too!

[*]399253

Moving your location is a very bad idea. Your going to lose alot of the business you have just built. once you leave that location your allowing someone else to come in right behind you. Then they can just scoop up some of your old customers. Sure some will Follow you where ever you go, but I would be willing to bet. You will lose at least 1/4 of them.

If I where you I would stick around the shop your in a little longer, and learn the business end of it. Before trying to venture out on your own. I dont care how good you are of a tinter. If you know nothing about business you will fall on your face!

Archived