It's a dam shame

I have a pretty good accurate theory about no shows.

Because it's so easy to phone shop this product to all and sundry, all they have to do is book and that's it with whomever with no commitment.

So if they feel tired in the morning or had too wild a night before or simply can't be bothered, what's it to them if they don't front up? Buggerall!

No skin off their nose is it? They haven't inconvienienced themselves at all and when we ring to b***h, they either hang up or sorry stiff. :DD

A deposit probably is the way to go with total strangers.

It virtually never happens with referral leads.

Devil

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep dealer work on the back burner incase a retail is a noshow....I had 1 today so I got a dealer car done instead and was able to get 30$ more than the job that didnt show.

I wish it worked like that all the time. :DD

Im seriously considering the deposit system.

the only thing is most walk ins looking for a quote arent the problem, its the phone shoppers who are notorious for not showing up.

How do you guys get deposits from them? credit card? :spit

Guest cstokes1

As a customer, I would not pre-pay or give a deposit. However, I am a person of my word and if I tell you that I will be there at 9 am on Monday morning, I will most likely be there at 8:50 barring death or an emergency. There are too many places that close shop over night and disappear for me to warrant handing out $50 here or there! Even reputable places can disappear over night...or in the 2 weeks before my appointment!

Guest benjamin
We have had seven no shows this week. We were going good, two months without a no show. Today is the day I do spray- in liners which takes all day because you cant do liners and then climb inside someones car, even with paint suits. :woowoo  So both liners for me were no shows. Got here early to get the paint booth ready, for nothing. We are thinking of making people pay a deposit for their apointment time. What do you guys think?

[*]399458

I agree charge them for everything!

Archived