Clio

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

Got the clio rear in one peice today (for first time) with soap method, although I had a several 'practice' attempts before I went for the real one :thumb

used silhouette SP05 - are there any other brands that may shrink better than this product??

Or is it all in the shrink technique purely??

be interested to know if certain brands shrink better than others, especially with tricky screens

cheers in advance

ps do I get a medal for tinting clio in one or is it old hat?

Guest naughtydog

Geez...a clio is a piece of p1ss...try a beetle - then were talking!

When shrinking clio's just make your middle anchor higher. I normally use suntek standard film for these back windows and LLumar ATR for everything else.

I shrink most windows in soap but have never tried a clio in soap because I know I can get it first time in powder.

All good stuff

Naughty

Guest k-tintz

well done :ohcrap

suprisingly found it fairly easy. it was my first attempt at a clio and only the second time I tried the mdog soap method.

was rather pleased with myself!! :krazy

DSC00593.jpg

Guest execspec
Got the clio rear in one peice today (for first time) with soap method, although I had a several 'practice' attempts before I went for the real one :woowoo

used silhouette SP05 - are there any other brands that may shrink better than this product??

be interested to know if certain brands shrink better than others, especially with tricky screens

cheers in advance

walestint you did dam well with sp05 , I cant stand sillouette ,creases so easy. Charcoal alot better to handle in my opinion.

well done anyway :lol2

Guest walestint

Got the clio rear in one peice today (for first time) with soap method, although I had a several 'practice' attempts before I went for the real one :heh

cheers in advance

walestint you did dam well with sp05 , I cant stand sillouette ,creases so easy. Charcoal alot better to handle in my opinion.

well done anyway :bingo

interesting that, thats what I was getting at, trying to see if different brands and types of film shrink better

funnily enough shrunk a golf r32 with 50% charcoal todsy and it was easier than normal, which is easy with soap method ne way

is the charcoal you are referring to from jwf?

:dunno

Guest execspec

well done anyway :DD

interesting that, thats what I was getting at, trying to see if different brands and types of film shrink better

funnily enough shrunk a golf r32 with 50% charcoal todsy and it was easier than normal, which is easy with soap method ne way

is the charcoal you are referring to from jwf?

:DD

Yes buddy ray guard. Have you tried Moonraker or 3M ?? that handles better in my opinion .

Mind you Just like Shady's - if we splice on a clio we get a Mint finish anyway

:beach

Guest k-tintz

the one I did was using shady's films. that was the 5% smoke. went on in 1 piece. first time I did a clio too. admittedly it did take a while to shrink.

Archived