Installing 4-mil hurricane film and prep...

Guest torque2k

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
The only 4mil security film I have ever seen spec'd for a gov. job has been #M Ultra with Dow 995.

[*]400146

:inot :inot . Any Gov't jobs I've done (and they have been many) have ALL been spec'ed for MMM, with dow 995 :lol2

Also, I agree that there SHOULD be some type of certification required to install SS films and a certification for attachment as well. there are ALOT of hacks in S. Fla putting up "Hurricane" film that I know is gonna fail.

To those of you who doubt it will withstand a hurricane, contact construction research labs in Miami. 15 years ago, the independently tested 4, 6 and 8 mil window film with a jet engine that generates up to 200 mph wind loads both positive and negative loads. They tested with over 600 cycles of pos and neg. pressure, just as in a hurricane. Even the 4mil held up. Its NOT designed to resist impact. BUT a 3" hole is better than a 5'x5' hole, IMHO. I believe that these test results can be obtained from FTI. Joe O'Brien (Founder of SunGARD) had the testing done, and I was there to see it. :inot

Archived