shop is getting plotter

Guest tinting2long

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
Willie-you forgot-I stepped up and got a robotints2006!!!!! He cant be beat!!!! :spank

[*]400369

wrong again Jethro - I got a TintDoctor 2007 - your cuz hung you out and sent me the prototype

my robot kicks your robots azz :spank

Guest tinting2long
if you have 13 year exp.  dont sweat the plotter,  it can make some jobs go faster,  and you can save some material by good placement,

but any shop that fully relies on a plotter for their cutting,  is not a tint shop.

if they dont have someone that can hand cut,  they are in trouble.

dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff.

[*]400305

Thanx...sometimes you just need some reinforcement. You know how all those guys are jealous of us....they see our paychecks at the end of the week and jealousy sets in...plus we make it look so easy that they think we are not worth it....screw the unappreciative buttheads

Guest tinting2long
You can't be replaced. What is the software they are buying?

[*]400346

it is from 3m. they are giving us a free plotter if we buy a certain amount. not familiar with this company at all. just started using this film a few weeks ago. I like it alright, just shaky about the plotter. I can do any car in an hour or less so I am confident I am faster than anyone we got using the plotter.

are they making you use it...I dont have one but if it was available I would probably use it for cutting graphic in the tint....that seem cool...I just free handed some flames and I suck at drawing...with all the clip art plotter are great....I cut my tint off the roll...we tag team vehicles in my shop...I cut out the tint while the other guy gets his doors ready .......were not banging them out in an hour but I cant see the plotter helping cut that much time....if they wnat to spend the cash f'em....they think their check are smaller than your now....how about after the owners take out their cut of the plotter and software expences.....I would just keep free handin' like you are use to...unless they are cutting your pieces for you....keep us posted on what you find as to if it is better for you or worst

Guest tintman AZ
The shop that im working at is getting a plotter later this week. I have been in the business for over 13 years now and I think the reason they are getting it is to try and replace me. (they hate the fact that I make more money than the managers, so per their request they are going to get a plotter). Should I be worried..do these things make it really easier for tinting....what kind of problems can we expect? Any kind of advice you guys could give me I would appreciate it. thanks and I look forward to using this forum more.

[*]400180

I thought cutting the tint was the easy part. I usually keep patterns from the past. Then what's it take, 5 minutes, If cutting new patterns maybe 10 minutes. Now maybe the plotter takes 45 seconds to a minute. I dunno. I guess I'm not in that much of a hurry. I'd say it's time to make that big jump and head out on your own. I'm sure many of us would agree that it's a pretty darn cheap business to start up. ( Probably best to start in the spring. )

Archived