Straight up guys

Guest MoW

I can respect the fact that you guys won't/don't talk specific amounts on this website---however, I am in a position(due to location) where I am extremely limited in my options or choices. The 1 and only quote I have gotten is on 3M 4mil with a "small" 995 around each door/window for the low, low price of $xx per sq ft. Now I'm not wanting a specific $ response from the veterans here, but a that's high, or that's about right or you can do better would be helpful. As I said, since there is no way to search what prices are on this sight and I can't get multiple quotes from dealers, I'm just looking for any advice I can get. If it helps any the total sq ft is 572. Also, he factored in 15% for waste to come up with the 572 sq ft number--is this correct? Thanks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happens if it's too high, where you gonna go?  :spank

[*]400425

Uh, down on my his doing the job price :spank

Seriously, if it were a car he was selling then I know his offer is a high starting price that can be negotitated. There are numerous websites to get a good idea of a true price to pay for a car. He starts high but I at least know the "ballpark" figure. In this case, I have no idea how high he is but I'm sure I didn't get his best price right out of the gate---especially since he knows there won't be many competitors for the job. My other choice is hurricane shutters---which would be more but I at least know the going rate.

Guest vclimber
What happens if it's too high, where you gonna go?? :spank

[*]400425

Seriously, if it were a car he was selling then I know his offer is a high starting price that can be negotitated. There are numerous websites to get a good idea of a true price to pay for a car. He starts high but I at least know the "ballpark" figure. In this case, I have no idea how high he is but I'm sure I didn't get his best price right out of the gate---especially since he knows there won't be many competitors for the job. My other choice is hurricane shutters---which would be more but I at least know the going rate.

[*]400432

Flat Glass Security Film is not like buying a car. We do not dicker on price, we do not try to pull one over on the customer, and in many cases it is not negotiable. You will be paying for a product based on it's quality and skillful installation based on the skills of the installer and that is all usually relative to the price that is charged. We are not crooks here. :wall

What happens if it's too high, where you gonna go?  :spank

[*]400425

[*]400432

Flat Glass Security Film is not like buying a car. We do not dicker on price, we do not try to pull one over on the customer, and in many cases it is not negotiable. You will be paying for a product based on it's quality and skillful installation based on the skills of the installer and that is all usually relative to the price that is charged. We are not crooks here. :wall

[*]400445

but when will most customers/people understand?

Guest vclimber
What happens if it's too high, where you gonna go?? :wall

[*]400425

[*]400432

Flat Glass Security Film is not like buying a car. We do not dicker on price, we do not try to pull one over on the customer, and in many cases it is not negotiable. You will be paying for a product based on it's quality and skillful installation based on the skills of the installer and that is all usually relative to the price that is charged. We are not crooks here. :spank

[*]400445

but when will most customers/people understand?

[*]400449

I think you know the answer to that one my friend. :wall

Guest Readyman

$x per square foot for both film + anchoring? That sounds like a good deal to me.

That is signficantly less than what I would normally charge.

Thanks for the help guys. As to those who thought I was calling them a crook---I don't know if I hit a nerve but wow :rollin Is someone who is selling a car or house etc...a crook because they start high? To be brutally honest, the price started at $xx, then went to $xx and his last was $xx---so where would I get such an idea :rollin

As for the 4mil vs 8mil---who do you believe. The 3m company that says tests show the 4mil is sufficient for anything that is a category 3 or lower and that it is indeed different then 4mil from other companies? I don't live on the coast(about 38 miles inland). In this case(and price change) I think your beef is with your fellow worker not me :rollin

Archived