in a search of the Madico site for the new hyped up advanced ceramics :DD

I couldnt help but notice the big sticky banner for

Madico HURRICANE PROTECTION films

none of the facts from the IWFA were mentioned

this kind of marketing hurts the credibility of the entire industry

...kinda surprised me coming from a founding AIMCAL and IWFA member

Amazing eh? This is where I should probably keep my mouth shut. :DD

Guest VOLTRON

There is alot of information on here from several proffesionals and installers that have many years in the business. One other reason why he might be selling you the 4 mil instead of the 6,8,or 10 is because that is what he has in stock and wants to sell you that so he doesnt have to purchase any more film. And as far as the "small bead of caulk" good luck with that. There are many quality safty film installers here and they will tell you that it needs to be 1/2 inch or bigger, and not just a bead, we troul the caulk out and make a even uniform bead around the whole window 1/2 to 3/4 in size. But if you want to go solely on this one persons oppinion who is selling you the film go ahead. Its your money and investment, although you came here for information and that is what you have gotten, sorry if it was something you didnt want to hear.

Guest Key West

You are getting a sweet deal for 3M 4 mil in Fla. I just dont believe it's as strong as an 8 mil. And Vo is right. A bead of caulk does not constitute an attachment system. Dow 995 must be applied in a certain manner to be effective. Also, make sure that the windows are attached top and bottom and sides. I saw one company in Sarasota who just ran a bead down the sides!!!! Not Top or bottom and claimed it would withstand a cat 4 :beer:beer:bat:bat BAD for the business :bat

Guest 2chase3
Again thanks for the advice and help. They did offer a finance plan(due to the size of the job)however it DIDN'T affect the price. The finance option came at the start when the price was $xx. It went to $xx because he "wanted to earn my business". After having some questions that the salesman couldn't answer, I was contacted by someone else in the company who said that 3M is the "Lexus" of security film and why a 4 mil was sufficient---when he proceeded to ask if we had a deal, I then asked if that was the absolute best he could do on price since the job was so large. At that point he went to the $xx price with a small bead of 995 as well. He said if I wanted to go to a higher mil then of course it could be done but in his words that would be "overkill".

1 question I do still have to ask------why would he or any other dealer be so intent on selling me 4 mil as opposed to 6 or 8? What benefit is it to them to sell me a cheaper product if it isn't sufficient? Wouldn't they recommend a higher mil to start with since most customers wouldn't have any knowledge as to what mil would be needed anyway :?

Ok, Here is my thought ,he hit you up with a 8mil price for his 4 mil product. Looking for How well his product was sold over to you. If you had gave him the "Im in lets do it..green light". He would have probably Dr*g his feet made a few phone calls and came back in and tried to up-sale you on the 8 mil . which would probably fell in the 21 mil market.lol If I am reading this right your bid would have fell over the 6k mark. for 4 mil with minimal anchoring alone ,not something most pull from their pocket.

What he did my friend is wedge himself in a sale at a minimal level . There is always room for "Upgrade at this point..If he walked in and thru double numbers he initially put on the table. and you went half ass ballistic at just the thought of someone so forcefully bending you over and not lubeing you up. He would have walked out with what he walked in with...Nada.

Guest 2chase3
Have you guys ever tinted on 4mil S/S for colour enhancement :spit

Why would you want to ? for nothing more than a high dollar color appearance? Solor protection is in the security film. lol sorta like throwing on the trojan than slapping a noveltie glow in the dark condom on for fun.....Possibly I need to move where you cats are, People dont throw around money that easy around here lol.

Archived