felt/ hondas

Guest IBtintn

Guest IBtintn

how many of you are putting felt on the honda door gaskets that dont have it??? I have never had a problem with them myself. :rollin

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm opening a can of worms with this question, but I can't resist.

To any readers of this post that use computer cut systems that are used to pumping out cars without panel removal..that do you do in this case...do you guys remove the panels on these particular cars and charge lots more ...or do you just tint as normal and seemingly have no redos ? Just curious :rollin

Luckily-we dont have a Honda dealership within 75 miles! So I dont do many hondas at all!If I get one in we address the problem with the customer-they can have the Honda dealer pull the panels-etc. -I pass the problem back to its originater-the dealer! I had to fix one honda because of this-I've been felting Mustangs but thats about it! :klingonBesides Klingon doesnt scratch!!!!!! :rollin

:rollin Most excellent response :rollin

I also believe that the problem should be solved by the originator of the problem. Car designers have to respect the fact that THIER customers often seek out after market tint for their vehicle. It's the only way these higher up the chain designers are going to change it back ...is if they are stuck with the problem and not the consumer or the tinter.

Fix it at the source.

Nice having the option of solving it at our end...but given the choice, I'd rather not deal with it altogether and have the customer not perceiving the added cost of felting as a tinter "charging so much for his/her car.

I know I'm opening a can of worms with this question, but I can't resist.

To any readers of this post that use computer cut systems that are used to pumping out cars without panel removal..that do you do in this case...do you guys remove the panels on these particular cars and charge lots more ...or do you just tint as normal and seemingly have no redos ? Just curious  :rollin

[*]400557

:rollin I do both hand cut and computer cut (hand cut prefered), I don't see what the panel pulling has to do with computer cutting.

Normally I don't pull panels either way, unless I have to refelt the doors or in a rare case pulling the panel makes the install come out better.

I let the customer know about the seal problem when they come in. After I tell them it will cost and additional 100.00 for a four door car they look at me like I'm trying to bend them over. We make a note on their receipt so that when they come back in with scratched film they get charged.

There have been a few cases where the customer was not informed, in that case I redo that door for free along with the felt and charge 25 per aditional door if they choose to have them done.

Archived