I have a problem...

Guest gonetintsup

Guest gonetintsup

....with fingers. I am dry shrinking (dryer towel method) and as I get to work on the fingers they tend to get smaller the more the film shrinks. This is when I keep getting small creases, any ideas on how to avoid this or get round this problem, Am I doing anything wrong? Hope someone can help....thanks guys. :rollin

Guest gonetintsup
If they're small, then drag an air bubble under it, put heat on it, smooth it.

If it's large....start over.

[*]400532

Yeah that's what I've been doing but now and again I have one that's gone a little too far. It's driving me nuts!

This might be an obvious question, but I'll ask anyways becauseI don't know if your a newbie tinter or not.

Were you aware that there is a "grain" to the film? yo can shrink the factory edges (top and bottom of your back window) , however not sides :rollin

Guest gonetintsup
This might be an obvious question, but I'll ask anyways becauseI don't know if your a newbie tinter or not.

Were you aware that there is a "grain" to the film? yo can shrink the factory edges (top and bottom of your back window) , however not sides  :rollin

[*]400543

Yeah I know you can only shrink top and bottom but it's sometimes hard to get the fingers to stand vertical with the window. I'm smoothing with my gloved fingers, any other tips on smoothing without creasing?

Guest gonetintsup
angle your heatgun more.  let the air push the finger down the window.

[*]400578

Ahh, yes of course...that's where I've been going wrong. Thank you everyone for your input, much appreciated. :rollin

Guest willie

glad we could help :rollin

lol and on another note -I have found that sometimes on the tough fingers I can smooth them easier with the side or palm of my hand (glove on) instead of my finger :rollin

Archived