Scrap film storage - IDEAS???

Guest bk_11

Guest bk_11

So I am in the process of moving my shop to a new location, and am trying to find a better way to store my scrap film (and glare strips) with out damaging it and still be efficient using it (not looking at 10 pieces of film to find one that will fit and is not damaged). What is the best way you have found to do this while both keeping the film organized and undamaged?

roll them up and put them in empty film boxes

and then mark the outside of the box with what you put in them

[*]402042

:beer I even have mine seperated by film type. Strips I put a piece of tape to hold together, then write down how long it is. I find it fast when someone walks in and wants a srtip, I just grab one already cut. We do glass replacement here, and do allot of front strip replacements with the glass replacement.

We have a storage room that we keep reuseable scrap pieces in.

We put label percent on the wall and under that put a drywall screw, cut a small slit in the corner and hang it in the appropriate place. When you need piece just pull the down the size closet to what you will be tinting. :DD

Guest clear image

I take empty film cores, cut them in 6-7 inch lengths. Screw the end caps of the film cores to a shelf and attach your 6-7 inch length film cores to these pointing straight up. Roll up your windshield strip pieces and place inside these. On the outside of the cores write w/ indelible pen film type. I use the same system for used liner sheets of windshiled strips. I use them as templates and place them in these core holders with the vehicle type written on the outside. Windshield strip templates speed things up a bit. No cleaning of the outside of the windshield.

Guest vclimber

Most flat glass film costs more than automotive so we definitely save waste. Roll it up, not too tight, tape it and put it in an empty box. Works for us. :spit

Archived