How to remove lettering and painted logo?

I'm finally getting a truck... I'm tired of having to carry all my stuff on a bike. It is so hard to balance a 72" roll of tint PLUS my toolbox on my handle bars. :thumb:thumb:lol2

Anyhoo - It's a small S-10.. 2000. Not too bad of shape. I need to get a lid for the bed, but other then that I think it will do nicely.

The back glass has lettering from a graphics shop... I haven't looked at it closely - I'm picking up the truck Friday evening - but assuming the glass itself isn't tinted, I should just be able to scrape the letters off just like old tint. If it is tinted as well, is there any way to remove the letters without messing up the tint?? I can't tint cars, so I'd rather not have to have it retinted.

Also, on the back of the truck the dealer has their name in what I assume is painted on letters. What can I use to remove that? They aren't going to pay me to advertise, and I'm not doing it for free. :lol2

Thanks!!

RoAcH

Guest zolar
I'd try heating the stickers just a little with steam and try to peel them slowly.  :lol2

[*]402268

excellent tip

the steamer is great for old crusty stickers :thumb

TOTW for TD :thumb

Guest willie
Sinthetic enamel or sign painters paint can be removed with EZ off oven cleaner-warning-test inconspicuous area before you hose her down!!!! And -have water hose handy!!! :evilgrin

had to have something to do with that oven cleaner huh Jethro - we know the missus dont cook :stop

Sinthetic enamel or sign painters paint can be removed with EZ off oven cleaner-warning-test inconspicuous area before you hose her down!!!! And -have water hose handy!!! :lol2

had to have something to do with that oven cleaner huh Jethro - we know the missus dont cook :evilgrin

Ever heard of self cleaning ovens willie? :stop:lol2

Fortunately, the lettering is on the outside of the glass. So I don't have to worry about messing up the tint.

I've never heat-shrunk anything exect for a shirt or two in the dryer. :dunno

Now all I need is a cover for the bed and I'll be set. :sad

RoAcH

Archived