first time installing with a cutter

Guest eclipse tinting

Guest eclipse tinting

im trying to figure out the easiest way to do installs when cutting the tint with a cutter. How do most of you adapt with pulling the liner? Ive done standard installs where the film (door glass for ex) is upside down on piece of glass, then pull the liner upwards. Obviously, because the cutter doesnt cut thru the liner, there is a different method to removing it...???? Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Guest eclipse tinting

im using the tinttek software. I'm not sure if what you're saying is the same, but I found putting the film liner side down on the glass, peeling off the tint that was cut that isnt part of the pattern, flipping it back over, cutting wxcess liner, and peel...same? What about the back window? my first car with the cutter was a 94 mazda protege yesterday, did fine, the patterns matched up exactly, but theres gotta be an easier way for the back window then how I did it. Anybody??

If God forbid the rear glass lines up straight enough for me to use a plotter pattern I just cut the film off the plotter, shrink it on the glass, put it on the peeler (gay name for tansfer glass IMO), peel the liner off, weed off the excess tint and Frankenstein it in. :thumb

Archived