has anyone ever done any stained glass

Guest zolar

Guest zolar

using colored film

.............not the solyx gummi bear film :bingo

I am gonna try it soon

maybe with some uv clear to help prolong the color :thumb

anybody ever heard of such madness :thumb

I have actualy been thinking of doing it for a while. I was going to use the clear film as a protector as well. My plan was to cut the outline out in limo to give it the affect of the lead. Then use what ever colors needed for the stained affect. The only reason I have not tried it yet, is lack of time. It will not be an easy task. The install will probably be kind of easy. Making the graphic will be the hard part.

By the way there you go bieng a copy catter again :thumb:bingo

Guest zolar
I have actualy been thinking of doing it for a while. I was going to use the clear film as a protector as well. My plan was to cut the outline out in limo to give it the affect of the lead. Then use what ever colors needed for the stained affect. The only reason I have not tried it yet, is lack of time. It will not be an easy task. The install will probably be kind of easy. Making the graphic will be the hard part.

By the way there you go bieng a copy catter again :thumb  :thumb

[*]402553

I was thinking about the limo lead too :thumb

...and yeah it will take some time :bingo

Guest vclimber
How are those decorative films to work with? Anybody ever use em? Do they last?  :bingo

[*]402554

They work real nice. I enjoy deco jobs, it's a break from the usual solar stuff and you get to try out cool ideas. Haven't used multi- colors to created staind glass effect but I've done a ton of multi-layered stuff, computer cut logos. You just have to get creative and try new ideas. It helps to find a a good customer that is willing to let you beta test it on their glass. :thumb

Guest Retro Tint
How are those decorative films to work with? Anybody ever use em? Do they last?? :bingo

[*]402554

They work real nice. I enjoy deco jobs, it's a break from the usual solar stuff and you get to try out cool ideas. Haven't used multi- colors to created staind glass effect but I've done a ton of multi-layered stuff, computer cut logos. You just have to get creative and try new ideas. It helps to find a a good customer that is willing to let you beta test it on their glass. :thumb

[*]402572

Have you tried the Solyx? It seams to be reasonably priced. Guess I should just try some on my bathroom window.

How are those decorative films to work with? Anybody ever use em? Do they last?? :bingo

[*]402554

[*]402572

Have you tried the Solyx? It seams to be reasonably priced. Guess I should just try some on my bathroom window.

[*]402576

I looked at their site, some of that stuff is expensive, but cool looking. Stained glass look would be cool to try, who has the time?

Guest cactustint

I heard of a company called decralead or something like that where you can use glue on lead strips and tint in between

I do pictures with film to

was told the clear wouldnt help the color stay longer

Archived