Remote Start Not Working on Ford Explorer

Guest WeeWanker

Guest cartek
Check your hood pin. Most place will install one so the vehicle will not start if the alarm see's the hood open. Usually those things will get snapped off, or rusty and what not.

Just open the hood.. find the plunger pin switch... press it down with your finger so you know it is down.. and try to start the car while holding it down..... (or just unplug it and try to start the car)

typically the only 2 things on a remote start that will keep it from cranking is

1) it see's the hood open

2) it see's the brake pedal being depressed

3) You have a bad connection (t-tap) where the alarms taps into the crank wire

that's it.... nothing else.. motor easy..

I have never seen a remote start system that will still allow it to go through all the steps to remote start(minus cranking) from the hood and brake.

if it were one of the first two things it would not even attempt to start. no light flashes, no ignition, etc.

Check your hood pin. Most place will install one so the vehicle will not start if the alarm see's the hood open. Usually those things will get snapped off, or rusty and what not.

Just open the hood.. find the plunger pin switch... press it down with your finger so you know it is down.. and try to start the car while holding it down..... (or just unplug it and try to start the car)

typically the only 2 things on a remote start that will keep it from cranking is

1) it see's the hood open

2) it see's the brake pedal being depressed

3) You have a bad connection (t-tap) where the alarms taps into the crank wire

that's it.... nothing else.. motor easy..

I have never seen a remote start system that will still allow it to go through all the steps to remote start(minus cranking) from the hood and brake.

if it were one of the first two things it would not even attempt to start. no light flashes, no ignition, etc.

:gasp Thats what I was thinking it sounds to me like you have a DEI remote start. If so check the purple starter wire from the remote start see if its connected good, maybe its a bad t-tap. When your alarm beep twice, which means there was an active shutdown. Either your hood was open or foot on the brake or if installed your netural safety switch was off. :rollin

Thanks to the suggestions. It's working again :gasp

I checked the hood pin with no luck. Then I rececked everything under the dash. What a mess for a Ford installed product. There must have been a loose connection somewhere, because when I was done, it was working fine.

WW

:rollin

You said it was a ford installed product, what alarm R/S was installed? Dealers usually do audiovox.

Guest fredstinting

sound like factory by pass module is going bad and not sending correct signal to the starter some times the wires that you coil around the ignition switch is not sensing the key that is in the by pass module and will try and try but will not start .

to check this by putting key in the ignition and then shut the doors and stand out side and try to start with your remote should start with key . if it does replace the bypass module if it doesnt something else is wrong in the wiring

Guest mobiletintinc

If the transponder is not properly bypassed, the truck will ignore the remote starter and not allow it to crank regardless of connection.

The security light (red lock symbol in instrument cluster or LED in center of dash right below windshield) would be flashing during the attempted start.

Ford should offer a lifetime warranty through the dealership on the accessory. If not, just get a new aftermarket one put in by a reputable shop. No shop would want to mess around with the unecessary wiring contraption of a factory unit. Theyre old audiovox pieces anyway. Aftermarket systems are much nicer and offer much more.

Archived