can auto film be applied to flat glass?

Guest tint source

I wouldn't recommend it. Depending on the type of film and glass, it could easily crack it. Even if it's tempered, the wrong type of film would just heat the glass like no tomorrow and if it's annealed glass it will surely break.

I wouldn't recommend it. Depending on the type of film and glass, it could easily crack it. Even if it's tempered, the wrong type of film would just heat the glass like no tomorrow and if it's annealed glass it will surely break.

[*]402712

:nope

I tinted the windows in my dog house, ( garage out back ), during the game back when atlanta played and beat minesota to go to the super bowl, guess how many years ago that was. The film was SG's grey/sil/grey 10 on 1/4 grey plate glass and no defects or problems, yet. :nope

I have a couple of I.G.'s out back that we are running an experiment on. Installed true grey 5 last year. Units and film still look good. Units are 1/2 inch clear annealed installed in white vinyl frames facing south with full sun. Last month, we installed some dark vinyl over 1/4 of the surface to help speed up the process. I'll let you know if they fail this year. My sales rep lost the bet on how long they would last. :nope

Guest zolar

I had to tint some flat on 3 big windows at a local shop Friday

it was fun trying to match up their existing 20% HP charcoal mystery car film :nope

the SG stainless steel 20 matched up really well

too much absorption for my liking

and too reflective for a neutral film

but man what a great match

the car tint was obvious .........because the

PS adheisive was showing that grainy orange-peel thing

just order some dry adheisive flat film :lol

the car film's adheisive wont hold up :nope

some high performance films will probably do the trick or still get away without any glass breakage. abut I would not take my chances ya know.

luckily and knock on wood, we have had any kind of glass breakage for flat ever!

:nope

Guest NokTint

I thought flat glass film was cheaper than auto film ?? .. hmm.. I know dn series J cost more. but ss20 mirror is cheap az chips

Archived