can auto film be applied to flat glass?

Guest tint source

Not necessarily OB..I've seen tinters that have been around for yrs that didn't know the basics of head absorption and thermopane / shading ,etc. :nope

I hope the windows are not too big :lol putting PS film up on large pieces of HOT glass in direct sunlight is a pain in the azz :nope anybody that has done it knows what I am talking about.

It gets all staticy when you peel it, it can stick to itself and get ruined unlike comm/resi film, its harder than hell to position on a hot piece of glass because it sticks like a mug, and then as you squeege it out it starts to set up and you cant get all the water out :lol there is a reason they make DRY adhesive film :nope

Guest tint source

wow so much to decipher. I have lots of johnsons rayguard and wanted to cut down on some heat in the house without having to buy dn j's but if it can creat problems I am going to just do the right thing. thanmks guys

Guest tintchick

Just dont put it on dual pane :inot I know lots of companies who put auto film on single pane commercial glass out here, I just hope the owners know they're gonna have some purple windows soon :inot

Just dont put it on dual pane :inot  I know lots of companies who put auto film on single pane commercial glass out here, I just hope the owners know they're gonna have some purple windows soon :lol2

[*]402902

:lol2

I bid on a local hotel here, all the windows were purple, all of them! about 200 of them. I asked them, if they knew what film they used, they said they didnt know but that they had paid about 300 bucks for the whole job :inot :inot and then I was like "well your not gonna like my price that's for sure" :inot :inot

Guest vclimber
I was wanting to tint some windows in my house, can I use my auto film?

[*]402708

Yes you can use your auto film, some companies install it on houses.

The more important question you should be asking though, "Is it a good idea to install auto film on your house?"

The simple answer is :inot for many of the reasons stated above and a few more...

Archived