20 Years ago

Guest Eclipse

well said dude :DD

20 years ago I was trying to figure out why the seam was thin in the middle and wider toward the edge of the glass on grand ams snd how to keep dirt out of those vent windows on chevy pickups. I figured out the grand ams but those freakin vents are another story:lol2

[*]403080

I hate tinting those wing windows! :nope

[*]403102

Those vents are cake. When you live in the swamps like jethro and I do, you have plenty of practice on those old farm and hunting trucks. :DD

[*]403104

dude Im in dairy country -you aint seen chiatt :beer

Ive got plenty of practice - I was just pokin fun at they always seem to have a little ant trail somewhere :DD

[*]403105

:DD I was just poking at you guys as well. I had a guy wanting a price last week. The side windows were so scratched that I told him they are tinted, with deco. frost. :DD

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
well said dude :wall

20 years ago I was trying to figure out why the seam was thin in the middle and wider toward the edge of the glass on grand ams snd how to keep dirt out of those vent windows on chevy pickups. I figured out the grand ams but those freakin vents are another story:lol2

[*]403080

I hate tinting those wing windows! :lol2

[*]403102

Those vents are cake. When you live in the swamps like jethro and I do, you have plenty of practice on those old farm and hunting trucks. :wall

[*]403104

dude Im in dairy country -you aint seen chiatt :beer

Ive got plenty of practice - I was just pokin fun at they always seem to have a little ant trail somewhere :lol2

[*]403105

:wall I was just poking at you guys as well. I had a guy wanting a price last week. The side windows were so scratched that I told him they are tinted, with deco. frost. :lol2

[*]403108

:lol2

Guest tintgod
I started what would be a long, trying road...Window Tinting.

I have been blessed over the years at this trade, however, I wouldn't want to start over again.

The learning curve for me was quite some time. I think it took me a couple of years, to get to

a point where I was confident at tinting.

Even to this day I have challenges, but I get a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction out

of the look on my customers face when they come back to pick up their "baby" and it looks

so much better after I have performed my "magic" on the windows. I guess that is why I

have stuck with it for so long.

I have no words of wisdom, only encouragement to those who are struggling at that point in

the learning curve. It will get better. Stick with it and you will find, that one day, it will have

become second nature to you. Don't give up.

Thanks Ric, for this place. I look forward to many years to come, sharing and learning from

others experiences on this board. :lol2

Steve

[*]403025

CONGRATS dude... :lol2 ...looks like all your hard work and compassion for the biz has paid off well :beer

keep up the good work

Guest Eclipse

My first car I tinted was an old Subaru Wagon. I patterned the side 4 doors and installed them. I was so proud of my first installation, until I rolled the windows all the way up, and had a 1 inch gap at the bottom of all four windows. I had forgotten to roll up the windows all the way before patterning them. I was pissed.

Those of us who were tinting way back in the day had a sh it storm of horrible cars to work on.

If you have been learning to tint within the last 4 or 5 years. You have it made. Cars are much easier to tint now.

Archived