FM reception problems.....newbie here

Guest gggggoalie

Guest gggggoalie

:beer Good day everyone!!!

Just a quick question as I have had numerous problems with my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire and the latest being FM reception problems.

While it was understandable the static on AM may be a result of tint; they are now claiming that it is the direct cause for the radio to scan through other stations while a preset button is pushed.

I.e. - the # 6 slot for FM is set at 97.7 however; 10 seconds or less after activating this button, it changes to 96.3 and then at it's discretion on to 103.5 (momentarily and back to 96.3)

This is the second unit this has happened to and the first radio had been affected on 2 and then 3 preset buttons.

Seems so implausible to me!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

:lol2  Good day everyone!!!

Just a quick question as I have had numerous problems with my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire and the latest being FM reception problems. 

While it was understandable the static on AM may be a result of tint; they are now claiming that it is the direct cause for the radio to scan through other stations while a preset button is pushed.

I.e. - the # 6 slot for FM is set at 97.7 however; 10 seconds or less after activating this button, it changes to 96.3 and then at it's discretion on to 103.5 (momentarily and back to 96.3)

This is the second unit this has happened to and the first radio had been affected on 2 and then 3 preset buttons.

Seems so implausible to me!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

[*]403076

Sounds like short curcuit between the seatback and the steering wheel. :beer

Guest zolar

if there are steering wheel controls...they are the culprit

the cable may be pulled to tight

or a have a plug pinched somewhere

if all else fails

take it to a 12 volt pro

that does radio problems for a living :thumb

tint does not affect FM reception and does nothing to scan settings. something else is the problem.

It can cause fm distortion blade, rare but possible. I have ad a customer come in after tinting his car wit fm loss.

Now scanning that is a problem of a different source. If tint was a problem wit fm reception it would only prevent stations from coming in. A preset button is suppose to lock in one one particular station. Should never scan no matter how week the signal is

Archived