791XV Questions

Guest Hammerli

Guest Hammerli

Sorry for the newbie posting, but this is one of the few forums that seems to elicit intelligent answers.

I'm planning on purchasing and having installed at my local dealer a 791XV into a 2003 Toyota Matrix. I have a couple of questions, and the expert installer was gone when I called today, and he's off tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get the answers here.

1. If I've remotely started the vehicle and the vehicle stalls for some reason not related to the Viper, will the responder reflect that by causing the exhaust icon to disappear? This is a critical fact in my decision.

2. The factory keyless has a theater lighting delay which leaves the lights on for 15 seconds and then dims them after a lock or unlock. Can the Viper be configured to retain that?

3. The factory keyless has a remote hatch pop which is a 3rd button. I also want to use the Viper garage door module, but it would appear that there is only the single aux. button on the responder. Can the panic button be made to operate one of those functions, or do I have to choose between the two (or a third option?)

Thanks,

Phillip

Guest JerzeeTint
1. If I've remotely started the vehicle and the vehicle stalls for some reason not related to the Viper, will the responder reflect that by causing the exhaust icon to disappear? This is a critical fact in my decision.

generally the car shouldn't really stall unless its a p.o.s. If it fails to start the exhaust will not shop up and will go away if anything(brake/hood/safety/manual/anti-theft activation) is triggered.

2. The factory keyless has a theater lighting delay which leaves the lights on for 15 seconds and then dims them after a lock or unlock. Can the Viper be configured to retain that?

domelight supervision is only on unlock, Directed makes a nitelite system though (545T)

3. The factory keyless has a remote hatch pop which is a 3rd button. I also want to use the Viper garage door module, but it would appear that there is only the single aux. button on the responder. Can the panic button be made to operate one of those functions, or do I have to choose between the two (or a third option?)

You have 3, maybe 4, AUX outputs. Your installer configures what channel does what. In the manual it tells you how to activate each chan.

Thanks,

Phillip

hope that helps....

Archived