if i buy precut tint..is it easy to do or?

Guest STi

Nothing looks worst than a jacked up tint job a a really nice car :spit its obvious that you really care for your car judging by the picture. WINDOW TINT is one area that I wold NOT recommend that you skimp on and DIY because it can make your car look like total crap if done wrong. YOU WILL HAVE DEFECTS (specks of dirt, fuzz, lint) IN YOUR TINT I can promise you that if you do it yourself.

If you do it yourself your not going to have a warranty and will have defects all over your tint. If you go to a pro you may pay alittle more but you can get a lifetime warranty and it will look clean and tight like the rest of the car.

With that said...pre cut tint is probably going to be your best bet if your gonna try it yourself, it alteast takes out one of the steps for you but that probably the easiest step in tinting, istalling it is the hard part because you can mess it up in a blink of a eye :hide

I think that you will find that the majority of people on any car forums will tell you to take it to a pro.

:lol2 good luck with which ever avenue you choose :spit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shop that you posted looks okay from the pic. I noticed right away that there was no mention of Tints starting at 89.00.

It did say "Professional work at Competitive Prices."

They seem to take pride in their shop by the way it looks (very clean)

Guest TINTEM

I'll Tell you right Now I won't tint his car.

I drove 4 Maserati QS to day worth about 100K each about 10 mile total. I have to brand new 760il to do tomorrow @150k Each that I'll Drive about 8 mile to tint.

He Dosen't want me Tinting it

FIND THE RIGHT SHOP and they wont be Hack Job and will take care of your Car too.

Nothing looks worst than a jacked up tint job a a really nice car :spit its obvious that you really care for your car judging by the picture. WINDOW TINT is one area that I wold NOT recommend that you skimp on and DIY because it can make your car look like total crap if done wrong. YOU WILL HAVE DEFECTS (specks of dirt, fuzz, lint) IN YOUR TINT I can promise you that if you do it yourself.

If you do it yourself your not going to have a warranty and will have defects all over your tint. If you go to a pro you may pay alittle more but you can get a lifetime warranty and it will look clean and tight like the rest of the car.

With that said...pre cut tint is probably going to be your best bet if your gonna try it yourself, it alteast takes out one of the steps for you but that probably the easiest step in tinting, istalling it is the hard part because you can mess it up in a blink of a eye :spit

I think that you will find that the majority of people on any car forums will tell you to take it to a pro.

:hide good luck with which ever avenue you choose :lol2

I have a clean garage to do it...how am I gonna get all that crap on the window and tint?

only window I'm nervous about is the rear....my doors look like t!t

post-17643-1149661025.jpgthe rear window has antenna and defrost or something..pic

Ya, I know. Ebay wont do anything about it, I contacted them months ago about this guy, they don't care :lol

I find pictures if my PT Cruiser at...Trinidad & Tobago Llullu dealer site...I take it easy..it's internet...

And.. :lol how many pictures of our BabeZ are in net...

:lol2 No PT..just checked :finger: Only PURPLR TINTED car left :gasp

http://www.caribbeanonlineyellowpages.com/contact_sheets/sht_902.html

I'll Tell you right Now I won't tint his car.

I drove 4 Maserati QS to day worth about 100K each about 10 mile total. I have to brand new 760il to do tomorrow @150k Each that I'll Drive about 8 mile to tint.

He Dosen't want me Tinting it

FIND THE RIGHT SHOP and they wont be Hack Job and will take care of your Car too.

:finger: I think his next car will be a BMW!

Guest solarspot

sometimes a clean place to work isn't all that matters

clean peeler,clean glass, apply- lots of stuff in the tint

handling the film only comes with practice to not contaminate

it even in a spotless looking work area

so yea clean area LOTS of cr*p in your window if your technique

is not right. go down to your local auto parts store buy a cheap

roll of film play with it see if you can do it then use you kit you need

to practice before useing a kit you cant replace if you mess up one window

just my opinion good luck :finger:

Archived