if i buy precut tint..is it easy to do or?

Guest STi

Guest newgensti
Sorry, I never tinted car..People here know that :lol2

But if You never tinted car by Yourself - DON'T DO IT :finger:

Um ok you guys all need to lighten up a little bit. If you have never tinted a car by yourself dont do it.. how are you supposed to learn if you never try? I guess I would be considered a diy kinda guy but really you guys are terrible. you should give the guy a few tips and tricks and let him try it. its really not all that hard. are you afraid he is going to open up shop and ruin your business? :gasp Not likely. anyways um as far as the STi goes. here is my $xx tint job using tint bought from a local auto parts store and this was the first car I have ever tinted. mind you I never watched anyone tint, never helped anyone, was basicly clueless.. FYI I did about 30 min of research on the internet and took some other installers tips and tricks and I think it came out pretty good.

100_0590.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I never tinted car..People here know that :finger:

But if You never tinted car by Yourself - DON'T DO IT :lol2

Um ok you guys all need to lighten up a little bit. If you have never tinted a car by yourself dont do it.. how are you supposed to learn if you never try? I guess I would be considered a diy kinda guy but really you guys are terrible. you should give the guy a few tips and tricks and let him try it. its really not all that hard. are you afraid he is going to open up shop and ruin your business? :gasp Not likely. anyways um as far as the STi goes. here is my $xx tint job using tint bought from a local auto parts store and this was the first car I have ever tinted. mind you I never watched anyone tint, never helped anyone, was basicly clueless.. FYI I did about 30 min of research on the internet and took some other installers tips and tricks and I think it came out pretty good.

100_0590.jpg

nice!!

so let me get this straight Tint_TERRORIST...you slam this DIY guy because he put dark tint on his car and you say it looks like a "SPOOK SLED". You put dark illegal tint on cars all the time...so whats so different from you and this guy? You are both doing the same thing :bingo You dig tint scraps out f the trash behind the local tint shops adn this guy gets it from a auto parts store :dunno

nice!!

not to mention... illegal!!

Many tint jobs look "nice!!" from ten feet. Especially with the windows all the way up. Do you want a ten foot tint job?

In the grand scheme of things, a subaru is a very easy car to tint. The concept of using a precut kit for a car with frameless windows really makes a tinter laugh. Go ahead, try. There's plenty of information available.

But if you're someone who cares for your car and appreciates quality, you just can't match the quality of a professional shop install if you've never tinted a car.

Tinting a car is not like "I can change my oil, therefore I can tint my car."

Tinting a car is more like ... making pottery. Do you pretend you can sit down at a pottery wheel and make a bowl worthy of sale on your first shot? Of course not. You might end up with something that will hold liquid, and therefore serves it's purpose. You might even be super proud of it. But it's not going to be art, and to a pro it will look decidedly amateur.

You may be able to put tint on your car and be very proud of it. But without extensive practice, it's just going to look like you did it yourself.

You need to get over your hangups about other people touching your car. As long as you choose a reputable shop, those "other people" know what they're doing. They certainly know far more than you do about tinting your car.

Sorry, I never tinted car..People here know that :dunno

But if You never tinted car by Yourself - DON'T DO IT :dunno

Um ok you guys all need to lighten up a little bit. If you have never tinted a car by yourself dont do it.. how are you supposed to learn if you never try? I guess I would be considered a diy kinda guy but really you guys are terrible. you should give the guy a few tips and tricks and let him try it. its really not all that hard. are you afraid he is going to open up shop and ruin your business? :spit Not likely. anyways um as far as the STi goes. here is my $xx tint job using tint bought from a local auto parts store and this was the first car I have ever tinted. mind you I never watched anyone tint, never helped anyone, was basicly clueless.. FYI I did about 30 min of research on the internet and took some other installers tips and tricks and I think it came out pretty good.

100_0590.jpg

Give us some close up shots of the rear and side windows, then we will know what that install really looks like. I can spray WD40 on a faded paint job on a hoopty and take a picture from 15' away and it will be shining like a mug but will still be a :bingo

YO MANG TINT_TERRORIST HEEEEAH

hizzzzel jeah me and dat dood wift dat white cara likes slangin dem dark illegal tint papas and shizz jiggra, dat shizz looks TIZZZZZIGHT AS A DOH MANG

All dem little hot rodda doods like deem dark papas on dem caras mang. shizzz jiggrah mang all I be sezzin is all dem DIY doods want to do is put dat dark shizz on like muh azz I aints neva seen no DIY put legal tint papa on dem cara mang, we likes dat shizzz DARK LIKE A MUG MANG just likes muh hoes and shizzzzzzzz dem doods like to crizzznack dat winda and shisss and peep ova dug tizzzop of dar derrrr glash and shizzz and look cool like amug mang bumpin dat stereo at duh mall mang :bingo dat what I be doosin jiggra

HOLLA SLANGING ILLEGLA TINT PAPAS 27/7 and shizzz mang caint nobody stop muh azzz jiggrah

yo whats your prob?

and why you talking like a fool? because he has a tuner car with a big wing? so hes a ricer n***r wanna be? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stay out my thread!!! hahaha

that kid on unique whips..can't even change a wheel but yet hes a pro tinter lol...he seems more worried about his new cloths to show off rather the tint job

I think most of you just don't want people doing it themselves so you guys don't lose any work....I mean how much can a tinter makes unless you on tv???

hmmmm I suggested to give it a go :bingo give it a try and see what happens :dunno

looks like this thread has run its course....

so hes a ricer n***r wanna be?

WOW thats crazy talk....

dood I thing you missunderstood TT :lol he is actually saying he LIKES dark tint on cars and hot rodder types :dunno thats how I understood it.

:spit mabey you guys could meet up and do some tints

all TT cars are dark..REAL dark. some peeps just like it that way, some dont.

TT seems down with the JIGGRA tuner crew :lol from how I read it.

Archived