Nasty virus spreading

Guest Marco

Guest Marco

There is a new virus that hijacks your system and the fixes for it are from the company that gave you the virus in the first place :lol6

Be carefull of what you type, my sister misspelled her bank name and got her laptop infected...and that's not the worst part. It spread into my desktop through my modem after my wife used it to fix the laptop. I should of known there was a reason the modem wasn't connected to our computer :lol6 Good thing she already knew what to do to fix it...after nine hours of working on the laptop I thought she was going to rip my head off :lol6

Ok, here is a list of things to look for, just incase any of you get this virus. This virus type is something she had never dealt with or seen before but knows how to get rid of it.

It starts with your webpage being took over by webtop security telling you that your infected(of course you are they did it)

It's by Spy Falcon/Zlob installs Zango,something called BBSTORE (in program files) DSSAGENT

(in add/remove and registry)

Get these programs, EWIDO, adawre, AVG free and Hijack this. Use these programs to find out where the virus is then manually delete,because they cannot get rid of the virus alone (actually it is four viruses)

The files (system32) imfdfcj.dll,atmclk.exe,stdole.tlb, and dcomcfg.exe these are all seperate viruses. You can delete these files running in safe mode, drag the file to the desktop then to the recycle bin. Scan using Ewido, Hijack this( be extremely carefull) and adaware. Restart your computer then use adaware and Ewido then AVG virus scan. Unplug your modem if your using DSL to reset your ip address.

These are just the basics of getting rid of the virus, if any of you get infected let me know, the wife will post the detailed instructions on a spyware forum soon.

Guest vclimber

It is getting worse and worse, spammers are behind a lot of it.

Traverse the web by using bookmarks as much as possible to minimize the possibility of a type error.

Get a MAC. :lol6

Guest Key West

Or reformat and go with Linux. I run a dual operating system. I use linux for the web. My son was on a down loading site however, (warez) and I got infected with the same shiot. I got back from Fla and IE was totally disabled, as were all of my anti-virus programs. Thank god I have firefox as well and could still access the web. took me two days to clean the crap off. Almost nuked the hard drives and started over (again!) Damn Kids! :spit:spit

Guest vclimber

Yep, Linux works well too. If you have to stay with Windows, at the very least use Firefox for browsing and never use IE except for MS updates.

Archived