Just told my windows are going to BLOW out!!

Guest Hybrid93Hatch

Guest vclimber

Is that typical of an American home in style?

OMG they look like a boxes with caps on it.

Not having a go at you mate but just interested to know.

Devil

Typical for a family starter home in a subdivison. I'm a single guy and this is my first home. I will sell it within 4 years and move on to something nicer.

Well, thanks for the input everyone! I ripped the tint off last night because last thing I want to do is replace a brand new window. I'm new to the site so I'm going to lurk around and see what is best for me since I want privacy (darker look) as well as the heat reduction.

Thanks again!

Wise move. I can't believe that dealer told you that your glass would blow out. :gasp

Here's the thing with most films and privacy. During the day you will have a measure of privacy depending on what film you are using, however, once it is dark at night and your film is backlit from interior lighting, then you can see right through the stuff. :finger:

A combination of a good solar film to reject heat and UV rays plus a blind for privacy might be your best bet. :lol2

Btw- Nice house! Good for you, you have to start somewhere and work your way up.

Guest Hybrid93Hatch
Wise move. I can't believe that dealer told you that your glass would blow out. :lol2

This same dealer wants to put Llumar 35% on my house windows.

Here's the thing with most films and privacy. During the day you will have a measure of privacy depending on what film you are using, however, once it is dark at night and your film is backlit from interior lighting, then you can see right through the stuff.

Oh damn! :finger: I decided to rip the tint off just before getting in the shower. I had the blinds all the way up, curtains drawn back and I stood butt n@ked removing the top window part of the tint. Once I went to remove the lower tint I put on shorts thinking I would be exposed once the tint was removed. I don't think any neighbors have moved in at this point :gasp

A combination of a good solar film to reject heat and UV rays plus a blind for privacy might be your best bet.

As you can see I have blinds and curtains. Just want something that will protect the curtains from fading and block as much light as possible in the room.

Btw- Nice house! Good for you, you have to start somewhere and work your way up.

Thanks. Definitely a start.

I tried the cheap pull down vinyl shades from Wal-Mart, but they roll up unevenly and would get stuck halfway up because it was so uneven. PITA so I took them back. Any decent pull down shades that are worth checking out?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Guest Rload@aol.com

Is that typical of an American home in style?

OMG they look like a boxes with caps on it.

Not having a go at you mate but just interested to know.

Devil

its true, I think most houses here in america are plain garbage but lucky for us, we exploded with the prices that they go for. especially in california

:spit on what VC said. it looks like it's probably annealed glass. if it were my home I'd take that film off. I wouldn't wanna take the chance of having to replace the windows. 2.5% film has much too high of an absorption for installation on thermal pane windows. :spit

the sun hitting the windows in the morning makes it even worse. the windows cool down nicely at night and then heat up quickly in the morning once the sun hits em. that's trouble waitin' to happen.

good enough said.

just take those papers off and buy a reflective film with less than 50% heat absorbance..

Archived