NEW GTI

Guest Winnerstint

Guest naughtydog

I use powder on those...I have done about 6 now - they are a pain.

2 ways of doing it, make your side anchors tight and come into the clear glass and this can help or make your side anchors right to the edge of the glass but shape the anchor so it is less at the top and bottom ( like a half circle). This allows you to gather a big finger and shrink it tight in the matrix area - burn it if nessessary - it will tighten up the rest of the fingers and make it do-able.

Naughty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ECANDSOUND
I use powder on those...I have done about 6 now - they are a pain.

2 ways of doing it, make your side anchors tight and come into the clear glass and this can help or make your side anchors right to the edge of the glass but shape the anchor so it is less at the top and bottom ( like a half circle). This allows you to gather a big finger and shrink it tight in the matrix area - burn it if nessessary - it will tighten up the rest of the fingers and make it do-able.

Naughty

So your saying kinda make like a bigger H then try to shrink it up?? When first started to tint I used the baby powder with the h ...now I usually use the dryer sheets with a whit card ...on this car I tried both methods baby powder worked better but in the end I just didnt have the time to keep messing around with it.. Im looking foward to trying it again tho

Guest tintgod

another way to go at it is to leave a few small finger on the sides that you can heat up after the install...this way..you dont have as much film to shink on the top and bottom..making for a little easier shrink

Guest ECANDSOUND
another way to go at it is to leave a few small finger on the sides that you can heat up after the install...this way..you dont have as much film to shink on the top and bottom..making for a little easier shrink

What method do you use ...baby powder with a glove or dryer sheet with a white card

? :hmmm

Guest tintgod
Squeege the top so theres no finger and move the larger fingers to the bottom and shrink

:beer

It works I dont know why but its much easier

you must not be talking about the 07'...:beer

Archived