NEW GTI

Guest Winnerstint

Guest MidcoastMW

no.... I cant do this car in 2. My splicing skills are not good enough and this car has thin defroster lines. Anyway the owner of this car is very particular and I want it to be done right.

..... Which is why Im going to call him now and admit defeat. :evilgrin This is a bad day in tint land for me.... :klingon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest losdawg

what film are you using? The first time I tried I used Global, not the best shrinking film then I used suntek hp. I also used dry soap method.

Guest darkdan

Lay the film.

Then shrink it a lot without touching it.

Then shrink it a second time and smooth as you go.

Helps to take off the wiper.

Some places you have to tug on the film while you heat it.

It's a PITA.

Then, have fun trying to get a clean install because of all that plastic in the way.

Guest naughtydog

I take the film to the edge of the glass and drag a big finger to that area, and shrinkthe $|-|17 out of it - burn it on purpose - this tightens up the rest of the film. leave it long and lift and pull.

It's a pain but you'll get there in the end.

I did one this week in madico onyx 35%

DSC00118.jpg

Guest MidcoastMW
what film are you using? The first time I tried I used Global, not the best shrinking film then I used suntek hp. I also used dry soap method.

It was Suntek Carbon18. great shrinking film..... I got the 4th try shrank good enough, but after I made it past all the plastic and got it squeegeed out, It just was not clean enough for my shops standards. I admitted defeat on this one. Id rather go thru the embarresment of calling the customer and telling them I cant do it, then have some shotty work out there with my name on it. He completly understood.

Also, I think part of it was me not feeling good today. Yesterday I had BAD food poisoning which had me puking for 18hrs. :beer I was still quite groggy this morning.

Guest Key West
no.... I cant do this car in 2. My splicing skills are not good enough and this car has thin defroster lines. Anyway the owner of this car is very particular and I want it to be done right.

..... Which is why Im going to call him now and admit defeat. :dunno This is a bad day in tint land for me.... :thumb

Dude YOU CAN DO IT!!! If not, don't EVER take in a Beetle. The Beetle side windows are harder than that back glass. Just step back, knock back a shot, hit the bong or what ever you do to relax, and think about it. You gotta be attacking it wrong, thats all. 'Cmon man, I got faith in ya!!!

Guest MidcoastMW
Dude YOU CAN DO IT!!! If not, don't EVER take in a Beetle. The Beetle side windows are harder than that back glass. Just step back, knock back a shot, hit the bong or what ever you do to relax, and think about it. You gotta be attacking it wrong, thats all. 'Cmon man, I got faith in ya!!!

:thumb Yea, your right..... I think I may call him back on monday to see if he can bring it in again. I feel really bad because he really liked the Suntek Carbon and I dont know of any other dealers in my area to refer him to. I think alot of it had to do with me still feeling under the weather from the food poisoning. Hell, I finally was able to eat about 2 hours ago for the first time since thursday at noon! :dunno

Guest wilcax

suntek should lay in one piece on that car...

I put mmm cs 05 on a gti about a month ago, and cs is not as easy to shrink as ST.

should go on your next attempt. like others said anchor the H into the clear section of the window on the sides and leave a finger that can be heated out after installation. I used the dry, glove method. no powder just wiped off and a moist H to anchor.good luck...

Archived