Hmmmm...so what films You call "AUTO" and what "FLAT&qu

As I never installed any film, I can't understand difference "AUTO" vs "FLAT"...

Nonononono - I am not :spit . But...how I can explain...For me seems one & only difference COLOR/TONE of film. I can't find other difference. If I will install 12 mil on car - it will became "AUTO". If I will put, for example, Quantum (often thing here) on flat glass - it will became "FLAT"?

:spit

Guest vclimber

You can cross into both industries with some films Leo but there are also films that are specifically made for flat glass. Films with dry adhesive come to mind. You can't install those types of films to curved auto glass.

Guest vclimber
I've done it VC :spit with no problems (that I know of) :hide

:spit Better hope they never come back for a redo... :lol2

We've put CDF on those curved atrium windows, it works but it is definitely not what the film was made for.

SG's Stainless Steel 35 meets all the legal specs for automotive film here. I've only installed it once on a car. a late 90's Eclipse (one piece) :spit I still see it driving around with no problems. SG's Stainless Steel 35 only comes in CDA.

You can cross into both industries with some films Leo but there are also films that are specifically made for flat glass. Films with dry adhesive come to mind. You can't install those types of films to curved auto glass.

We don't use films with dry adhesive here. Never. So this point - NO

SG's Stainless Steel 35 meets all the legal specs for automotive film here. I've only installed it once on a car. a late 90's Eclipse (one piece) :spit I still see it driving around with no problems. SG's Stainless Steel 35 only comes in CDA.

As far as I know these timeZ - SS & Quantum from SG was installed everywhere - flat or auto...

Archived