DOT matrix

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used that for a while and it does work well if you can handle the mess. My customers love vinyl, avery 8080. Can barely see where the dots used to be. Highly recommend. Its just that much less of the window that you have to shrink too :bingo

the only downside is adding at least ten bucks/car for it to pay for it

Guest sunbuster
I used that for a while and it does work well if you can handle the mess. My customers love vinyl, avery 8080. Can barely see where the dots used to be. Highly recommend. Its just that much less of the window that you have to shrink too :dunno

the only downside is adding at least ten bucks/car for it to pay for it

Drop Dry!! The film has all you need to complete the job. "Use the Force Luke/Luca", in small sections, in one inch increments across the bottom, until you get to the top. Push excess water out. Peel the film to the bottom of the dots. Use a heat gun, or the sun to dry the upper portion, inc. the top part of window where film still lays. Slowly and carefully reapply the upper portion of the film. There are no smears, no mess, no vinyl, and best of all, no added costs! Vinyl looks better than doing nothing, more work, and not as nice as the actual film! It also makes a great sales pitch. "NOW! GO YOUNG GRASSHOPPERS! USE YOUR SKILLS! BE THE BEST!" You need no substitutes. With practice, you will scoff at the way you know now. Good Luck!

I have used the dry drop method in the past. I have found the glueing saves time and looks better. Don't get me wrong if it is done correct, and there is no water between the film and the glass, the dry drop method is the better method to use. :lol6

Archived