DOT matrix

The dry drop method looks great but takes longer than glueing or vynil. It also isn't as consistant as either of the two. When useing the dry drop method if there is any water left inbetween the film and dots it will look worse than useing nothing at all.

Don't take offense to the negetive comment about vynil. Vynil to me reminds me of when I used to paint the dots with super flat krylon in the early 90's.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

yeah no offese SS, just jackenya,I'm just not a big fan of viynl or painting the dots.The Global film I use now is very good in the dot matrix area, very good. Looks as clean as any glue or drop dry method I have ever seen without having to do anything special. The stuff is really amazing.

Guest razerbern

I've used the Blue Elmer's Glue but the matrix was kinda clumpy, does it mean that I've either 1) used too much glue for the section area or 2) took too much slip out thus making it harder for the glue to slide? but other than the clumps, it blackened out those biznatches like 0% tint haha.

Guest solarspot

yea when I tried it made the tint kinda lumpy but looked awsome from outside

but it wasnt bad at all unless you know what your looking for

Guest FilmBlazer

So I tried the blue glue for the first time today.... Overall I was pleased with the results.

It was on a Mitsubishi Gallant rear glass. I applied the film as normal and peeled the film down to the bottom of the matrix. I applied a thin bead of glue along the bottom of the matrix. Then I squeegeed the film up from the bottom of the matrix. I had to do it twice because it seemed like I pushed too hard and squeegeed all the glue out, the film wasn't adhering the harder I pushed. I redid it and didn't push as hard using the same pushing method, but I could see the glue bubbles under the film. I continue to push until the film laid but the bubbles were no longer there.

I'm guessing after one or two more I will get the feel for how hard to push to get the bubbles out but not push all of the glue out? am I using too much glue maybe?

Overall it turned out well and the car is pretty easy with the exception of the rear quarters. I hate rear quarters.

I used to use Staples clear gel glue. I used a syringe for feeding pets and cut the end angled and larger. The syringes got old so I hated using em and switched to blue glue and worked so so. With mine if they are totally dry it gets gnarly, so I've actually started peelin em, gluin em smoothin em over. Then repeelin em, spray em with slip solution and smooth em back out. It looks AMAZING. It kills the lumpylook. I gotta check on em but one car done this way is a good friends so I explained the whole matrix deal and asked him to lemme know if anything goes wrong.

:thumb

Archived