Best Tint to Keep Cool in Home

Guest SteveLD

Guest SteveLD

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm looking for the best window film to put on the windows of my house to reduce the heat obtained thru the sun's rays. I want maximum cooling, while have zero to little visible tint (basically, as clear as possible). I'd prefer a do it yourself kit, but if I need to have a certain kind professionally installed - if it will make that much of a difference - then I'll do it.

I've heard good things about Huper, particularly for cars. I've also heard that some of the 3M products and Gila are good as well.

What films, would best meet my needs?

Thanks a bunch!!! :finger:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Centre

Steve

I install both Huper and Madico Ceramic films. They are indeed the best films if you are looking to preserve the low reflectivity of your glass. The Ceramic films also reject the uncomfortable infrared heat that you feel from direct sunlight. However if you want maximum cooling you must go with a reflective film to lower your shading co-efficient. And of course I recommend a professional install, cause you do not want to waste Ceramic films... They are expensive.

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm looking for the best window film to put on the windows of my house to reduce the heat obtained thru the sun's rays. I want maximum cooling, while have zero to little visible tint (basically, as clear as possible). I'd prefer a do it yourself kit, but if I need to have a certain kind professionally installed - if it will make that much of a difference - then I'll do it.

I've heard good things about Huper, particularly for cars. I've also heard that some of the 3M products and Gila are good as well.

What films, would best meet my needs?

Thanks a bunch!!! :dunno

Guest vclimber

Ok, let's see if we can do this without naming names then... :dunno

1st you want the lightest film

2nd the maximum TSER in that catagory

3rd to be able to install it yourself

Well if you want the first two really bad, then #3 :lol

The lightest and highest heat rejector that I know of is:

78% VLT (almost clear)

46% TSER

There are some 70% VLT films (slightly darker) that can reject a little more heat but I was sticking to your 1st and 2nd wishes. Is this clear film the best tint to keep cool in the home as your topic says? :lol

Guest SteveLD

Thanks for the responses.

Now it doesn't neccessarily have to be completely clear, I just don't want a very noticeable tint. So far the Gila Platinum seems to be the best choice if I do it myself.

Is there any other brand that has better performance for heat reduction that has a similar tint to the Gila Platinum, as I don't think that it is too dark. Perhaps even one that is just a real little bit darker would be ok too.

Thanks!

Archived