Best Tint to Keep Cool in Home

Guest SteveLD

Guest scottym

I'm hoping this is an appropriate place to ask for end consumer advice. (:lol2) I just can't seem to find very much review/comparison info regarding window tints. If not please accept my apologies.

I Live in Central NJ Shore area and I have two rooms with large windows that face the sun that get unreasonably hot. I've only found a few professionals in my area that install residential window tint and the products they carry seem to be either jonhsonwindowfilms or 3M. My number one concern is heat reduction but I do not want to turn the room completely dark or have the window look like a mirror that some of the silvers seem to produce from curbside. The johnson Bronze 20 or 30 both seem to meet my needs but it's hard to tell until it's installed.

Is the johnson bronze product a good choice for this application? Alternatives? Anyone working the Jersey shore feel free to PM me. :)

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Keep in mind you don't have to go all out full bore dark tint to get a decent amount of heat rejection. It's amazing how a little tint can go a long way.

Guest vclimber
Keep in mind you don't have to go all out full bore dark tint to get a decent amount of heat rejection. It's amazing how a little tint can go a long way.

:twocents

You can put on a good 35% VLT 55%TSER film and get good heat rejection and still have a relatively light film and pay less than what you would for a clear AG film like ACHT, Hilite, Spectra Select, etc...

Guest sunbuster
maximum out there would be from Vcool, Huper,

check out Hanita Coatings theyr'e Cold Steel 70%. I just did a home in Feb and did not cut any of the sunlight out. and Customer is very happy with it.

Ahhh! Not so much the max. Unless you like working w/ the PS adhesive, and high oxidation. There are several other films doing the same, more, and soon to be more. It helps to know what we are up against if we are going to sell. What is the TSER of the CS 70%? Thank You!

Guest vclimber

or you could go with Bekaert's Hilite 70.

71%VLT

54% TSER

95% IR Reduction

This new film looks impressive as Blade suggested.

I've only done one application with it so far.

devil

I hope you don't live close to the ocean Dev. :twocents

Guest vclimber

I hope you don't live close to the ocean Dev. :twocents

All the major population of Oz is situated by the sea VC.

Bek do advise that their new film has to be sealed...pain/pane in the arse if you ask me.

Devil

Yeah, I figured you were... Oz is an oversized island. It is not the humidity around the ocean that corrodes the AG films, it is the marine environment. The inside of the home can be 15% humidity and that marine salt air will actually penetrate the window frame and corrode the film edges, sometimes even with the sealant applied to the edges. I'd be careful...

Archived