Application solution beading up

Guest SSC

I use the "dirtoff filmon" method and still get that problem. Like I said I add a litte more soap (J&J) to the bottle I am useing and that does the trick.

I was thinking that if someone was useing a cleaner like SolarMagic that has sylicone in it,, that might cause the water to bead like that.

Next time it happens I'm going to ask the customer what kind of glass cleaner they use.

Guest tint rookie
But why is it almost every stinking Ford does that?

I noticed ford winshields always had a film on em. almost like a smokers haze on the glass. had an old autoshop teacher tell me it was from the hight petrolium content in th pastics hazing up the window, as they never really seam to stop outgassing.

you know how old farts are though, they always want to sound smart. yeah they may know more, but it just makes it harder to tell when they are B.S.in ya.

had an old autoshop teacher tell me it was from the hight petrolium content in th pastics hazing up the window

That makes sense. I heard a talk show that was discussing the making of plastics and their use in water bottles, and it seems that it's very hard to make a plastic that has no seeping or leeching of the solvents, it can be done but the cheaper plastics will allways feel greasy and be outgassing and seeping the solvents into the water, it makes sense that Ford would use the cheapest plastics possible, hense the slick film on everything.

:lol2

had an old autoshop teacher tell me it was from the hight petrolium content in th pastics hazing up the window

That makes sense. I heard a talk show that was discussing the making of plastics and their use in water bottles, and it seems that it's very hard to make a plastic that has no seeping or leeching of the solvents, it can be done but the cheaper plastics will allways feel greasy and be outgassing and seeping the solvents into the water, it makes sense that Ford would use the cheapest plastics possible, hense the slick film on everything.

:bingo

:klingon

Ha! It was a Ford! Dirty old pickup. It worked, eventually. I did add more slip. It wasn't the best, next time I'll try alcohol, I didn't think of that.

Zolar and I have a new inexpensive slip solution designed just for use on those tough windows... no need for any extra cleaning steps, just a couple spritz of this stuff before application and you will get slippage, just as if it were a 'normal' sheeting window. We can put some of the stuff together (if I have more new spray bottles left). One 20 oz. spray bottle lasts for about 50 cars with this problem... so it goes a long way.

Archived