Strippin Film...... And Taking Off Heater Lines

Ok... My boss has always said be carefull of stripping film because it "CAN" take off heater lines... But v.rarely.

Ive been tinting 2years now (almost) and the last two strip jobs I have done (1 of unknowen film) (both non metalized) it has taken all or part of the heater lines off..

Is this comman?

Thanks

Guest Eclipse

In the 20 years I have been tinting, I have seen that happen 3 times. Twice on an older Honda 1992-3. Once on an older Corvette. It isn't THAT common, but always be careful. Invest in a steamer.

Ummm.. I think it could be the brand of film?

Not sure, I know the last one I did, as I fitted it last week, and fooked it up so I re did it today. The other was of a unknowen origin, but the film smelt the same if that makes sense!!! lol

Guest Shady

I've not yet invested in a steamer because I have not yet had any problem with removing window film by applying heat from a hot air gun directly onto the film. I've stripped loads off those pajero and lucida imports, they smell like baby sick!

bill

Guest walestint
I've not yet invested in a steamer because I have not yet had any problem with removing window film by applying heat from a hot air gun directly onto the film. I've stripped loads off those pajero and lucida imports, they smell like baby sick!

bill

ditto, also invested a tenner in one of those heat resistant gloves from woolies that are meant for oven gloves, ideal for heat shrinknig too so you dont burn your little pinkies :lol2

Archived