ATTN: Shop Owners

Guest tintdawg

Guest 27tint4

after 28 years, 6 states, nearly 100 "tintshops", 20-something film reps, 20,000+autos/homes/offices, 32 kegs of jack daniels (mostly one shot at a time), 14 million quadzillion olfa snaps (LMAO), 1,400 lbs of yellow turbo, 3 truckloads of baby shampoo, 35 or so spray tanks, 350 ungers, 265 slammers, 172 kilos of blanks, enough stainless steel from belgium to build a shiny mansion, 142 heatguns (23 of 'em big red milwaukees), 56 extension chords, 3,435,856 razor blades, enough triumphs to reach the fricken moon, several ladders, computers, etc, etc, etc...

...and I can say without any hesitation or regret: the vast majority of tint shop owners are two-bit crooks posing as half-azz tinters. same goes for car dealerships...I've worked for and done work for a few dozen. two, count 'em: 2 have been honest both with customers and vendors. you can flush the rest of 'em... in my humble albiet bodacious opinion.

and so here we are...to slave for these people, or to slave for ourselves. both have their pro's and con's (pun(s) intended), but one thing is for sure: I get paid to do my hobby! tint on dude!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after 28 years, 6 states, nearly 100 "tintshops", 20-something film reps, 20,000+autos/homes/offices, 32 kegs of jack daniels (mostly one shot at a time), 14 million quadzillion olfa snaps (LMAO), 1,400 lbs of yellow turbo, 3 truckloads of baby shampoo, 35 or so spray tanks, 350 ungers, 265 slammers, 172 kilos of blanks, enough stainless steel from belgium to build a shiny mansion, 142 heatguns (23 of 'em big red milwaukees), 56 extension chords, 3,435,856 razor blades, enough triumphs to reach the fricken moon, several ladders, computers, etc, etc, etc...

...and I can say without any hesitation or regret: the vast majority of tint shop owners are two-bit crooks posing as half-azz tinters. same goes for car dealerships...I've worked for and done work for a few dozen. two, count 'em: 2 have been honest both with customers and vendors. you can flush the rest of 'em... in my humble albiet bodacious opinion.

and so here we are...to slave for these people, or to slave for ourselves. both have their pro's and con's (pun(s) intended), but one thing is for sure: I get paid to do my hobby! tint on dude!

Dang, dude! you count all that stuff too? I only used 52 extension cords ans 3,435,133 razor blades! :dunno

Archived