Guest cactustint

frim what I have read

dev has been around a while

I would listen to his words b4 I listen

to somebody with a short time tinting

I am not raeding negative

its sounds to be more like a warning

Nothing last forever period.

We have tint going bad just like those pic.s posted, and I'm in northen Illnois where the sun is only intense for about 3 to 4 months (and not bad).

I think the problem is that people think its gonna last forever, and that there is a lot of shops putting on the cheapest film that they can find.

We have tint going bad just like those pic.s posted, and I'm in northen Illnois where the sun is only intense for about 3 to 4 months (and not bad).

I think the problem is that people think its gonna last forever, and that there is a lot of shops putting on the cheapest film that they can find.

So true Gus. This is driven by the industries "lifetime warranty," claim. :lol2

I had a film failure yesterday and I had someone no show on a warraty job.....both were the hard coat shift from tint.....they well be covered.....I just wish people got new cars every three or so years.....that keeps the warranty jobs low......and I agree...most faliures are cheap tint.....

and I cant agree with doing mulitipal peices either....they get just as sh***y lookijng when the seams seperate and the film discolors aroung the defrost lines.....

what is our solution? cause I got another twenty years tinting in me

I had a film failure yesterday and I had someone no show on a warraty job.....both were the hard coat shift from tint.....they well be covered.....I just wish people got new cars every three or so years.....that keeps the warranty jobs low......and I agree...most faliures are cheap tint....

Don't forget BSF's warranty is transferable for 14.95 :) At least it was when I was useing their film. :lol2

I had a film failure yesterday and I had someone no show on a warraty job.....both were the hard coat shift from tint.....they well be covered.....I just wish people got new cars every three or so years.....that keeps the warranty jobs low......and I agree...most faliures are cheap tint....

Don't forget BSF's warranty is transferable for 14.95 :) At least it was when I was useing their film. :lol2

yeah but most car sells are dealer and not to many deal with transfering warranties...mostly privates sellers is all you have to deal with and how many even keep their warranty papers....

and I use sun tek on vehicles now days......well for now I should say..

:lol2

I suggest you heed Zo's and Devdude's advice and rethink your attitude and arrogance here.

We all including myself have been knocked down a few notches around hear.

Chill stay awhile and share your knowledge of the business. :)

ok . ok . alright :lol2 I learned in denver. from a guy from austin texas. bad ass tinter, was and still is. his brother, brother inlaw and father inlaw are also tinters and just as good! working in texas.

he would never let me do back glasses. one piece back glasses were not around. 2. 3. maybe 4 piece.

he had me watch...for like 6 months and chew on tint! :) I got real good at roll ups,quarters and vents. I dont know how many pieces of film he riped off on me. alot. it had to be a perfect patern, with the shifting of the window and everything, no dirt, not a speck. he was so @nal. still is. he works in house , for a dealer here in denver. bmw, honda, chevy, mini.

:lol2 anyway......I moved to phoenix. wow! my dad got me a job with a shop that had tinted his windows.

AMAZING! these guys could tint! nice guys too. mind you I had never done a back glass. ....so I do a car, 3 guys watchin one of em's the owner. and he tints! -----this is the only time I had to do a job to get a job----

no ego ok? roll ups? I did a great job. I did them first, 4 of em. perfect in every way. people watchin...everything. I did good. :boogacon

here comes the back glass :lol2 I have only seen it done a zillion times, ..in pieces.

by this time more poeple are watchin. guys in the shop that do auto glass, think they can tint. the secretary, her husband is a tinter in the shop, real cool guy.

......so I start doing the back glass in 2 pieces. ha ha ha ha...... :)

they stoped me right away. everything was one piece. it was unheard of to me. I was wrong.

I learned alot in phoenix. :lol2 speed! yea baby. thats the only way to be the money winner in a shop with 6-7 tinters ,and you never know if the owner might jump in and help someone out. so you gotta be good.

tintings all I know. its all iv ever done. I miss the big shops! the talk, music, jokes. tellin the other guy .....no no no no no...thats not how you do it.

ego check?--no. :)

I work alone now. inhouse...for a benz-beem dealer. I had my own biz for like 5 years- mobile- tint and clear bra. clear bra is huge in denver! I started doin that shizzel like 10 years ago. but thats HOLEnother story.

do ya think I sold out? going in house? I had to. it was my biggest account they wanted to do it.I have kids. the money was there. health,dental,401k.

kids are expensive! :)

I see all kinds of tint. from all over the world. lots of cars!

bad tint is bad tint. ya get what ya pay for right? 3m tint is huge in denver. up to several hundred a job. gotta luv it. I use madico. not by choice but im told :nuts thats what benz wants :)

what am I gonna do argue? I do what im told. window film has come along way! thats fer sure.

sorry for the rant. :lol2

frim what I have read

dev has been around a while

I would listen to his words b4 I listen

to somebody with a short time tinting

I am not raeding negative

its sounds to be more like a warning

That's exactly what I'm on about Cactus and because I'm warning of impending grief out there happening here first (and verified by fellow Aussie Rocky), some see it as whinging. Not the case! :twocents

You are up their in the US have a summer we would call chicken sh,t. :beer

Have we got the proof of this happening big time? Yes.

Do we have typical photographic evidence? Yes.

Is it isolated to no name brands or Jack Sh,t players? No.

Is it cheap film? No. Some of the world's best you too are currently using!

Is it coming back to ever shop in some form or fashion? Yes.

Do the distributors know about it? Yes.

Is this form of film failure more prevalent now than any other? Definately yes!

Has it happened within 12-24 months? Yes.

Can you feel the distortions in the film? Yes...you could play a tune on some of them.

Do customers do anything about it? Not often because they don't know what caused it. (That's why the proliferation of these installs are left on the glass untouched for the moment.)

Is it happening all over OZ? Yes.

Hey if you don't want to use the findings here, then don't get cheesed off about it.

I'd be happy to sit quiet here and suck a few beers instead but I thought some of you like Cactus might find it useful info. :dunno

Talk to you soon Rocky.

Devil

Archived