Can't get Prestige

Guest KCTinter

Guest vclimber
I did not realize the same marketing concept was applied to Panorama and Vista. I'll bet you all were PO'd, too.

But I still do not understand WHY Prestige needed to be handled differently from any other 3M film. Maybe that's why I am not a marketing executive.

Vista's marketing concept is different from Prestige. No buy-in, no invented parameters such as TSER on-angle, you can carry other competitng products.

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :cool

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :cool

come on now VC tell us how you really feal. and dont hold back.

I would have to say that all film companies are trying to distinguish themselves from the other. and if they have a creative marketering group that can help me sell more tint, more power to them. Id like to retire some day and look back and say "see my son, all those purple windows, yeah, I tinted them." as I board the plane to barbados to try my hand at sunvisors. :cool

Guest KCTinter

LOL, you guys!

Retire? Barbados? More power to you if you can! Even though I sold my company, I am still working for the new owners. I'll be hanging film until I'm 65 -- and I'm 60 now. At least I don't have to "do scaffolding" any more!

For some reason I am reminded of those TV commercials for products. You know the ones. "This product is NOT available in stores! Order NOW!" Then, 3 months later, you see the same product at Sam's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.

Marketing 101: How do you sell the MOST product? Get it into the hands of as many retailers as you can. I would think that same concept would apply to FILM. Get as many film dealers as you can to get out there and sell the product. But, what do I know? Probably a little sour grapes talking.

Again, many thanks!

Guest vclimber

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :hmmm

Nah, that 3M rep just set himself up, I couldn't resist... :lol2

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :beer

Nah, that 3M rep just set himself up, I couldn't resist... :beer

VC - if by 3M rep you meant me - I wasn't defending 3M's practices or marketing concepts - just pointing out that most film manufacturers have established premium lines with limited distribution. And I'm not a 3M employee - just a dealer - like most people here.

Guest vclimber

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :beer

Nah, that 3M rep just set himself up, I couldn't resist... :bat

VC - if by 3M rep you meant me - I wasn't defending 3M's practices or marketing concepts - just pointing out that most film manufacturers have established premium lines with limited distribution. And I'm not a 3M employee - just a dealer - like most people here.

No I did not mean you suntint. This goes back to another thread where TD told us that the members that we were talking too had IP's from 3M. No surprise, I already knew who they were. :bat To make a long story short, they were bragging about how innovative their company is in this industry so my comment here was in no way directed at you. I hope you understand. :beer

As a loyal 3M dealer for 11 years, needless to say I am quite PO'd that my company cannot get the Prestige line. I guess we were not big enough for 3M!

You know what I would do with contempt like that?

I tell the distributor to shove their business right up their clacker and never grace my door again.

I'm way beyond that sort of crap treatment. :beer:bat

Devil

:beer:bat say no mo'!!!!!!

3M probably decided that it was time for them to finally get a Vista, Panorama, Sunscape, Elite, program of their own going. That's innovation working at top speed for ya. :krazy

Nah, that 3M rep just set himself up, I couldn't resist... :bingo

No I did not mean you suntint. This goes back to another thread where TD told us that the members that we were talking too had IP's from 3M. No surprise, I already knew who they were. :evilgrin To make a long story short, they were bragging about how innovative their company is in this industry so my comment here was in no way directed at you. I hope you understand. :finger:

Thanks - No problem

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

interesting to see so many get denied for the prestige film, I know we have some coming. The shop I work for has been dealing solely with 3M for a long time now but im not sure why we get it and some of you dont. I dont think we do that much flat glass but I know the owner wants to really start pushing it. All I know is that there is a required amount that we have to buy of the prestige each month, thats the only stipulation I've heard.

Archived