Security/laminate tinting, automotive applications

Guest thecustomer

Guest thecustomer

We are a potential customer, based in California (mostly northern, but central and southern ok too), and we are ultimately seeking a professional installation of security type laminated window tinting for application on a range of work vehicles like Chevrolet Suburban, Ford Super Duty Crew Cab, and Toyota Prius, all late model 2005/6.

The goal here is to identify several top quality metallized tint films that have security enhancing characteristics that would lengthen the time it would take glass breaking intruders to penetrate the inside of the vehicle, and that would also help retain broken glass in the event of a rollover collision.

At the same time, we are also seeking a qualified installer/shop, but not before identifying the various products that are available to not only compare film characteristics and user feedback, but to be able to put competitive bids in perspective between labor and cost of materials.

It is worth it to us to not be limited to simply the films that any particular installer may happen to have on hand in bulk. Once we identify an experienced and capable installer who is compatible to work with, we would support that installer in the purchase of whatever film, regardless of brand or cost, that is determined to be most suitable for the intended goal.

Any leads would be very much appreciated. Private messages and emails through this forum are also welcomed.

Guest willie

If your close to Tint Rookie. Tintdude. or solar elipse look them up. There all very knowledgeable

and good installers just depending on where you are exactly :evilgrin

Guest darkdan

I don't know if anyone makes a metalized S&S 4 mil for cars.

I guess if you're dead set on metalized you'd need to have them install flat glass 4 mil.

Guest thecustomer

Thank you for the responses.

The requirement/request for "metallized" film is based on the longevity our previous small fleet experienced with metallized film, manufactured by "SolarGuard" or "SunGuard" (cannot recall which company without looking up the paperwork, and that was 10 years ago).

In fact, in each vehicle, that window film installation (in combination with a very carefully selected professional installer) outlasted the paint jobs. It also outlasted the engines, and the vehicles themselves... which were operated over 300,000 miles, endured several incidental collisions, and remained outdoors 24 hours a day.

In that 10 years time, no objectionable color shift occurred with the metallized tint, (no purpling), and no problems materialized with the installation (no bubbling). Therefore, in addition to careful selection of the installer (mature owner-operators with a vested interest in the outcome of the work product , no trainees), a positive association was made with metallized film.

Because our last installer is no longer available, tinting was postponed last year when the vehicles were replaced. Previous tinting contractors we've hired (in the 1980's) did not use metallized film, and their products did not last as long, or as favorably.

Now, we have an additional requirement/request for security film. We hope a suitiable product (and installer) can be found.

Guest tint rookie

professional_tinter@hotmail.com

send me an email.

I do have a shop in the north valley area (chico)

but still do mobile work in sac about every other week. people wait for the service I provide. strictly higher end films, metal or carbon based, 5 years with out one warranty claim.

I will be in the sacramento area the weekend of the 17th through the 19th. would love to chat. email me ill give you a call to schedule an appt for a quote, if were talking the same area.

btw, thanks for the compliment willie

in a rollover collision, you would have large chunks of glass going god knows where when windows are tinted :dunno

for the sole purpose of providing the highest security, would be to install solar block window film on the interior of the windows. and then apply at least a 4mil film on the exterior of glass, or even on the inside which I think would be more effective.

there are alot of professionals in the Bay Area. I suggest you choose your professional wisely and not look for the cheapest price of film to be installed. we all get what we pay for. good luck. :sad

In that 10 years time, no objectionable color shift occurred with the metallized tint, (no purpling), and no problems materialized with the installation (no bubbling). Therefore, in addition to careful selection of the installer (mature owner-operators with a vested interest in the outcome of the work product , no trainees), a positive association was made with metallized film.

Because our last installer is no longer available, tinting was postponed last year when the vehicles were replaced. Previous tinting contractors we've hired (in the 1980's) did not use metallized film, and their products did not last as long, or as favorably.

Now, we have an additional requirement/request for security film. We hope a suitiable product (and installer) can be found.

wow. sounds like you enough about tint, all you need is a warm body to lay it. :beer

alot of good tinters in that part of the country. sounds like you came to the right place.

I would help, however im in colorado.

good luck! :beer

Archived