Tint %'s

Guest Southernmudslinger

Guest Southernmudslinger

Back when I tinted my rear window, I ordered Solargard HP Quantum 14% tint, but when I got it, it wasnt very dark, it looked more like 35%, which is why I put 2 layers on...........anyways, I wanted to know if thats how solargard hp quantum tint is? are they not as dark as non metalic and hybrid films? or is it posible that they just made a mistake and gave me the wrong %? The reason im asking, is I might do my side windows myself, and I want it as dark as I can get it legally.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

VLT is VLT is VLT.

They might have given you the wrong stuff, or maybe you just don't know what 14% should look like.

Hard to know without seeing it in real life.

Guest Southernmudslinger

it really wasn't dark, you could hold it up infront of you, and there wasn't much darker. And yes, the 2 layers is pretty reflective.

Sounds like you might have gotten some Q-28 instead. Two layers of that will still look shinny. Like Dan said, its hard to tell without looking at it. If you know someone at a local shop, see if they have a light meter and can check a piece you have left, and or check your back glass for the vlt.

When you put window film on a truck back window it usually looks a shade lighter than you think it should. That is because the window is straight up and down adn lots of light comes through.

I know when I put 35% on the sides and 15 on thebackglass they look almost identical.

When you put window film on a truck back window it usually looks a shade lighter than you think it should. That is because the window is straight up and down adn lots of light comes through.

I know when I put 35% on the sides and 15 on thebackglass they look almost identical.

I see your first point, but on the second, put that avatar of you beside your truck up again with the 35% change, looks allot darker to me. Is your qtr's and rear factory privacy, or clear? :dunno

it really wasn't dark, you could hold it up infront of you, and there wasn't much darker. And yes, the 2 layers is pretty reflective.

Was it installed on the truck in your avatar/ If so, why Q-14 on that dark truck, were you trying to get the shinny mirror look, or as some of my customers say, platinum tint?

my truck has limo over the factory 20% on the back, so yeah the back is quite a bit darker.

:sad It that TT dark limo. :lol2 Or :dunno

I knew we discussed trucks before with the 15 you had. I remembered you truck, and knew you could tell a drastic diffrence between the front and rear. If SMS has two coats of Q-14, it ought to be dark as hell, regardless of the sides. But that will still depend on the angle and direction of the light, not to prevoke VC here.

Archived