Tint Shop in Michigan Experienced with 3G TL

Guest RASHID007

Guest RASHID007

Tint Shop in Michigan Experienced with 3G TL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have done dozens of searches and read at least a hundred threads on tinting (on acurazine.com) and I think I have it all figured out. Now I need some help finding somebody to do it right. I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada so any tint shop within an hour or so of Detroit is fine. Recommendations please.

Based on researching this forum here is what I need the shop to do:

1. Be experienced by having done a few Third Generation TLs before.

2. Non-metallic or ceramic tint because I have the Navi and would rather be safe than sorry.

3. Moleskin for sure as the great majority on here say it is necessary.

4. I need a tint shop that won't bend the rubber down to do the install? Is this correct? It only came up a few times in the searches but it was suggested that bending the rubber down on the TL is not a good idea.

5. I'm not very clear on what they have to do with the back windshield antenna at the top. Something about even if the tint is non-metallic it just looks bad when they tint over a certain part of the back windshield and it is better to have it 'painted'. I don't understand what would be painted and how.

6. A shop that get that small rear quarter window fully tinted and not leave a portion of it untinted because of the interior design making it difficult to get to.

7. Know how to deal with the rear brake light when tinting the back windshield.

8. And my personal preference is a shop that can do somewhere between 20% and 35% tint. I'm thinking 28%. I feel like 20% is too dark and 35% is too light. I want the car to be uniform all the way around.

So any good shops in the area? Near Detroit, Windsor, even London wouldn't be too far to drive.

Thanks,

Rashid

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I understand your concerns, anyone who is an experienced installer should be able to give you a quality install. you sound like you have done your research, and the these issues are right on the money.be prepared to spend a few dollars, they will be well worth it on such a nice automobile

Guest RASHID007

Thanks for all the guidance. It's much appreciated. With your help I've been able to find somebody to do my tint and meet all of my requirements above. Now I need some advice on the actual tint.

What non-metallic tint is best? The shop has Llumar and Madico, which is better and what non-metallic options do these two manufacturers have?

Thanks,

Rashid

Guest VOLTRON

Madico has MAC3000 and MAC4000 that is a ceramic based film and Llumar has Formula One I beleive but just because they carry Llumar and Madico doesnt mean they carry those High line films.

Guest RASHID007
Madico has MAC3000 and MAC4000 that is a ceramic based film and Llumar has Formula One I beleive but just because they carry Llumar and Madico doesnt mean they carry those High line films.

Oh, do Madico and Llumar make non-metallic film that isn't ceramic? I thought there were three general types, 1. Metallic, 2. Non-metallic, 3. Ceramic. Isn't that how it works? Wouldn't ceramic be really expensive? The shop told me the tint with non-metallic madico/llumar would be about $xx including moleskin. Does that sound right or are they just telling me their products are non-metallic when really they are metallic?

~RF

We don't talk price around here. :trustme Why would you think they are pulling your leg? If you don't trust em..don't go, but don't be paranoid either.

And yes..there are plenty products from all manufacturers that are non-metal color stable.

Rashi Emailed me (he's 6 hrs away) I gave him my recommendation for someone I personally know whos been tinting over 20 yrs and does good work and reputable under 2 hrs away from him :trustme

Archived