plotting window films

Guest Shady

Guest Shady

Hello all!

I have just started using my plotter to pre-cut window film for vehicles. The problem I'm having is the window film is getting chewed up in the machine when plotting certain corners. I have decreased the pressure, changed the blade, rounded the sharp corners and slowed the plotting speed. Also because it cuts straight through the film at certain stages it loses its grip and goes all of course. If I sound like an amatuer thats because I am. Any help would be appretiated.

Bill

There is a teflon strip under the blade. If this gets a groove in it it will cause uneven cuts. Easy to replace if it is chewed up.

Sounds like your doing everything right. Check your blade depth in the holder and make sure it isn't out to far.

Sometimes our blade holder gets a build up of dust in it and makes the blade stick a little around corners. I just remove the blade blow out the holder and it's good to go.

Hope this helps. :lol2

Guest Shady

Thanks PT, I will address those issues and go again. Thanks too TDZ for your reply, the plotter is a GERBER P2C 1200 (52"). The strip seems OK but admittedly it has come unstuck out of the groove a couple of times so I will check it again. How would you guys explain the process from begining to end. I feel it maybe something very simple that I'm doing wrong. Thanks again :lol2

I use an anagraph-but if your cutting strip is popping out of the track-this is causing all your problems!!! Remove the strip-clean track til its spotless-Take a hardcard and your heatgun-heat and smooth strip into channel as evenly as possible! This done correctly should solve your problem-along with resetting your cutting pressure! :lol2

Hello all!

I have just started using my plotter to pre-cut window film for vehicles. The problem I'm having is the window film is getting chewed up in the machine when plotting certain corners. I have decreased the pressure, changed the blade, rounded the sharp corners and slowed the plotting speed. Also because it cuts straight through the film at certain stages it loses its grip and goes all of course. If I sound like an amatuer thats because I am. Any help would be appretiated.

Bill

You also might need to use a 60 degree blade instead of a 45.. I have a roland and I have to use a 60 degree blade for tint and 45 degree for paint protection.

Archived