Tinting 1/2 a window ???

Guest Ky1e

I have a customer who wants the store front windows tinted a little over half way down. The windows are large dual pane 6'8" by 6'8" facing south, no shading face parking lot. He has choosen to go with JWF Night Scape 25% which has 50% solar absorbance. So I am putting a 4' across the top of all the windows (6). As far as breakage concerns go what do you all think, I have always done autos so this stuff is new to me. Also whats the best way to fit the tint against the rubber gaskets? I would appreciate any help guys. Thanks

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I am currently working on a sports bar that had a halfy tint job on the store front windows -- 4 out of 10 are broken from this.anyone like to see pics?

p.s. no I didn't do the original tint job,I'm correcting this by installing exterior film and removing the haffies.maybe they will stop breaking

Guest sunbuster
I have a customer who wants the store front windows tinted a little over half way down. The windows are large dual pane 6'8" by 6'8" facing south, no shading face parking lot. He has choosen to go with JWF Night Scape 25% which has 50% solar absorbance. So I am putting a 4' across the top of all the windows (6). As far as breakage concerns go what do you all think, I have always done autos so this stuff is new to me. Also whats the best way to fit the tint against the rubber gaskets? I would appreciate any help guys. Thanks

Is the glass tempered. There should be a "bug" stamp on the glass if so. We did a job a couple of years ago. You all are not going to beleive this. Dual Pane ( tempered, the only thing that saved it), Blackout on the bottom, Silver 20 on top. You are darn skippy they signed a waiver. We told them they were nuts on Dual pane glass. Oh yeah the blackout had an insulated half wall behind it.To the best of my knowledge there has not been one broken pane yet. You know if they didn't sign the waiver, every one of those panes would have exploded. "This application is not recommended. Would you please sign here?" You have to C.Y.A.

Guest S and S

I didnt realize this!! Lots of great info in here! I have did a couple of drive thrus at banks where they only needed the top done becuase of the sun coming in the morning. Does it matter if its single or doulble paned?

Archived