confused

Guest TONY 67

Guest TONY 67

I recently attended a 3 day flat glass course ran by johnson window films.

looking at the swatch book provided by them im getting conflicting % on the specs from the swatch book and information on their website ie

sunset bronze sb30 states from swatch book

33% visible light transmission

68% solar energy rejected

0.37 shading co efficient

0.32 solar heat gain co efficient

0.98 u factor nfrc

29% solar reflection

33% solar absorption

sb 30 from website

31% visible light transmission

68% solar energy rejected

0.38 shading co efficient

0.32 solar heat gain coefficient

1.01 u factor

30% solar reflection

50% solar absorption

my main concern is the solar absorption % as I will be fitting film to dual pane sw facing windows, im located in the west of scotland where temp very rarely gets into 80's in summer what specs do I use as I want to keep absorption rates below 50%. comparing absorption rates between swatch book and website,the difference in solar absorption rates is between 7 and 17 % lower across all residential films in the swatch book

confused??

Guest TONY 67

im located in the west of scotland where temp very rarely gets into 80's in summer

Why pray tell would you be offering that kind of film then?

It's not rare to find different figures quoted from those in swatches. Seen it before with other manufacturers.

Devil

just used that as an example as the wife likes the look of that film.Not concerned with applying film to cut utility bills as we dont use AC, if its too hot we open a window round these parts :twocents , going for glare reduction and aesthetic properties of installing window film.There arent any residential properties around here that have films on their windows so im hoping if I start up installing film to properties and conservatories it will take off otherwise ill need to seek other employment.

Having said that the past week the temperature has been hitting middle 80's and with the world cup on window blinds are in operation cutting out glare on the tv screen :dunno

thanks for the reply

Guest zolar

what burns my azz is when the published VLT is off by 5-6%

for trying to promote legal installations...this is frustrating

but I wised up and bought a meter for that

don't trust everyone's numbers :beer

Archived