alarm transmitter on top of windshield tint strip?

Guest edster922

Guest edster922

In an especially dumb@ss random moment, I re-stuck my truck's alarm transmitter on the eyebrow strip (Llumar ATR) which had just been installed a few days before. The installer had advised against doing so, because he said that the weight of the alarm transmitter (just a quarter-sized flat plastic square with a 5 inch antenna sticking out of it) would cause the film to tear/peel off over time.

Was he just being extra-careful or have any of you guys seen this happen yourself?

If so, what do you recommend I do? I'm afraid that removing the transmitter now would definitely damage the tint, so I was thinking of gently peeling the transmitter off the adhesive strip but leaving the adhesive strip on the film.

(btw I absolutely love the Llumar ATR, it seems every bit as nice as the Formula One film in my wife's car which cost twice as much and is also made by Llumar if I'm not mistaken.)

Guest edster922

whew, thanks for the reassurances. Would really hate for anything to happen to the film, this has been one of the most satisfying car purchases I've ever made.

I actually mounted the transmitter about 1/2" from the top edge of the tint strip by accident (kinda reflects the spaced-out mood I was in at the time) so the antenna is very visible and kind of an eyesore, but on the other hand I figure if I had put it on the very outer edge of the film it might be more at risk of pulling the film out.

Guest edster922
ATR-or not-be very careful peeling that transmitter back! Especially if its 1/2 inch to the edge! :hmmm

well after the replies here, I think I'll just leave it like it is, and just keep my fingers crossed...

Archived