Hello tintzers

Guest razerbern

Guest razerbern

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I have just started tinting in a shop and am a rookie at it, but I learn fast. So far I've attempted various forms of heat shrinking such as the wet and dry methods I see here at this website with some success, but by no means flawless success. I've read some information about micro-edging or "shaving" and have tried this method with my own spare tint I use at home. So far I've encountered a few problems with it including the following: 1) I've tried heating up the outside glass once the film has been squeegeed as good as possible for the moment, but the flim tends to peel backwards towards the interior of the car so I can't really shave it... and yes I know one solution to this is buying a film that has a different liner patter but how do I solve this dilemma with the film I have at-hand? 2) I'm getting a good amount of cont. at the top edge, even though I take cautious preliminary steps towards thwarting it. What I do is spray the floor, make sure the shop is clean, squeegee off the cutting glass and oustide window before placing film on it. Squeegee flim after placement on cutting glass or window. Cut out pattern. I then prepare my inside window by spraying glass cleaner, razorblade it, and then squeegee by following the methods of cleaning shown by this website. I mist liner, I carry film behind me so I don't use it as a catch-net, I mist my clothes and the interior of the car before peeling, but I still get contamo at the top edge and bottom-edge (the bottom-edge occurs from my lack of experience with gaskets/seals).

Guest VOLTRON

it might be contamination from your finger tips, either lick them or spray them off before you grab the film. Also take a paper towel and run it gently on the top edge of the glass after you squeegee it clean.

Welcome to the board.

Way to go on the location dude. :lol2

My friend Jay Wedel's mom owned a massage parlor next to the track. It was really a hizzo house and he and his older brother used to run it for her at night after they got out of school. He said during the indy 500 drivers and pit crew used to frequent the parlor.

:lol2 I share these stories because that is what I think of when people say they are from INDY. :hmmm

Guest razerbern
My friend Jay Wedel's mom owned a massage parlor next to the track. It was really a hizzo house and he and his older brother used to run it for her at night after they got out of school. He said during the indy 500 drivers and pit crew used to frequent the parlor.

I share these stories because that is what I think of when people say they are from INDY.

Awesome, hook me up MANE lol.

Oh and to jump-start the help thread section again. I tried it again today (micro-edging) and the tint was dry, I squeegeed it out, but I could still peel it off easily... does this mean I should heat it up, or just let it sit to dry some more?

Guest solarspot

welcome :beer

wish I could be helpful but had same problems u have with peeling back(didnt wait long at all)

havnt tried agin in a while ur asking nicely so in sure

some of the veterans around here will help

it will b helping me too much luck :beer

Archived