Need some opinions about tint

Guest 06accordse4dr

Guest blackedout330

I tried to apply SNAPTINT.COM 's product SNAPTINT to my wifes Honda Civic. It is a terrible product. It kept rolling up on itself, no matter how wet I got it, which lead to creases in the final application. It also requires a heat gun which they do not tell you until you get the product. The install is much more complicated than they show online. Taking the rubber seal off is not a problem but replacing is a PIA. Do yourself a favor and pay 50-100$ to get it done professionally by people who know what they are doing. You can spend all day trying to get this product to work and it will still look bad. I usually love DIY's but this stuff just doesnt work. Oh yeah... when you call they say the voicemail isnt working and to email them... then they dont email you back... If you like bubbles in creases in your tint buy this product... if you want your tint to look good please do not buy from this site

Guest Key West
Thanks for your replies! I have contacted some shops in the chicago area, a lot of them seem to use sungard film. Anyone have any opinions on this brand? I also asked them about the felt gasket issue on my 06 accord and none of them knew what I was talking about. One of them even said, "Get back to us if you find out more, we'll be more than happy to put it on if it's necessary" Although he didnt specify if it would cost extra... The shop I've been thinking about is ---, they were pretty professional in how they answered my questions and told me I could drop by anytime to see their shop and their work, but I would need an appointment to actually get any job done. One thing that got me worried was the fact that their warranty covers everything but not scratches...hence I'm still worried about the felt. They also didn't know about the scratching issue on the 06 accords, telling me that they have recently tinted a lot of 06 accords without issue. This shop also uses sungard film. Any opinions on this shop, based on what I have stated here? Anyone have any other recommendations for tint shops in the chicago area?

I have used SunGard for YEARS on cars with only one case of a "bad batch" which they stood by admirably. Thier High End films are great. I am still trying to figger out this whole "felting" thing. I have run into 2 vehicles (Saturn Vue, Saturn Ion) that scratched film. They have since fixed that prob. Some Mfgrs scratch coat is better than others. :beer A good scratch coat should be able to withstand 00 steel wool. I have done a BUTTLOAD of Accords, Mustangs, etc. and never had an issue with scratching.

The scratching issue is HONDA's problem...tinters just try and help with a retrofit. It usually works, but a smart shop owner won't tie himself to a pathetic design/part. Film brands mean little, as they ALL make a good top end film. IF they are using the top end stuff and not the economy line. Economy film from ANY brand generally sucks. :beer:confuse

True Dat! Nobodys econo-tint is worth a crap. It aint even worth carrying for a true Pro shop. The labor on a tint job is the same no matter what grade of film you use. I wont get involved with using felt simply for the fact that you are adding more stuff in an already tight area. It's the MFGRs problem. I tell people that film is scratch resistant, not scratch PROOF! It's polyester after all. No MFGR warranty on scratching. (But I cover it with my handy dandy no fault warranty, so it's not an issue.) Thats another reason to go to a pro. If it gets screwed up during install, you aint hanging out to dry. A reputable shop will get it right to your specs (Within reason). Just remember that your car isn't perfect. No tint job will be "PERFECT", just as close to it as is humanly possible.

Guest CleanCutter
I tried to apply SNAPTINT.COM 's product SNAPTINT to my wifes Honda Civic. It is a terrible product. It kept rolling up on itself, no matter how wet I got it, which lead to creases in the final application. It also requires a heat gun which they do not tell you until you get the product. The install is much more complicated than they show online. Taking the rubber seal off is not a problem but replacing is a PIA. Do yourself a favor and pay 50-100$ to get it done professionally by people who know what they are doing. You can spend all day trying to get this product to work and it will still look bad. I usually love DIY's but this stuff just doesnt work. Oh yeah... when you call they say the voicemail isnt working and to email them... then they dont email you back... If you like bubbles in creases in your tint buy this product... if you want your tint to look good please do not buy from this site

so which is it? pay $50-$100 or get it done professionally???

Archived