Film or me?

Guest razerbern

shaving with your knife eats up olfa blades.

I very seldom shave the edges but when I do, I use a seperate knife with a carbon steel blade. Alot of people dont like to keep carbon steel blades in their shop to avoid accidental glass scores but I use them all the time, just not to cut patterns and such directly on the glass except for shaving edges :thumb !

Guest razerbern
why micro edge? cut close at about a 1/16 of an inch and let it ride.work on other areas of tinting and go back to trying micro edge.

Yeah I can sometimes pull out a good free-hand, but I consider myself a strict perfectionist, and any small deviations in the slope compared to the glass isn't good enough for me. So ultimately I have to keep moving the tint up and up and up... which by the end of it all I'm frustrated as h3ll. I think shaving is the "cheaters" method to a good clean top and I will try anything that will help the look of the job in the end, but if any of you have any tricks or cool methods on free-handing the top rollup, besides practice, I'm completely open to suggestions.

Guest darkdan
why micro edge? cut close at about a 1/16 of an inch and let it ride.work on other areas of tinting and go back to trying micro edge.

Yeah I can sometimes pull out a good free-hand, but I consider myself a strict perfectionist, and any small deviations in the slope compared to the glass isn't good enough for me. So ultimately I have to keep moving the tint up and up and up... which by the end of it all I'm frustrated as h3ll. I think shaving is the "cheaters" method to a good clean top and I will try anything that will help the look of the job in the end, but if any of you have any tricks or cool methods on free-handing the top rollup, besides practice, I'm completely open to suggestions.

If you're a perfectionist in this field you're going to give yourself a stroke.

Guest razerbern
If you're a perfectionist in this field you're going to give yourself a stroke.

:DD Probably.

I've heard to use a 45? angle, but does that mean horizontally or vertically? I don't know how to describe it, like do you tilt it to the left or right, or shallower or deeper.

Guest cactustint
I've heard to use a 45? angle, but does that mean horizontally or vertically? I don't know how to describe it, like do you tilt it to the left or right, or shallower or deeper.

this my woman ask for

Archived