Liabilty Insurance?

Guest Pyromanikk

Hey folks!

Sorry to 'but' in here as my first post.

A good friend of mine has run a auto repair shop for the last 25 years. He is probably one of the most honest shops around with a fantasic reputation. In 25 years he never had a liability claim.

Recently he replaced a defective fuel pump for a customer.... long story short the car broke down on the freeway, got hit HARD, now the customer is a vegetable. The family sues him for installing a defective part (even tho it was a NEW manufactures part) and wins! Millions were awarded.

Now imagine the cause of the accident being the tint...... and not having any liability insurance :lol6

just my 2 cents...

That's some scary sh!t!!!

I can't see how the blame could've been laid on the shop owner.

If the fuel pump was defective, then the supplier should've been responsible. :smoker

Unless there were some other unforseen circumstance was involved.

I hope and pray nothing like that happens to any of us!! :beer

I hear ya !

This just went down about 1 1/2 weeks ago.... I have not called yet to see what the next step is... but seeing it on the 6:00 news was DEFINATELY not what I expected.....

Onward and Upward!

Guest Retro Tint

Hey folks!

Sorry to 'but' in here as my first post.

A good friend of mine has run a auto repair shop for the last 25 years. He is probably one of the most honest shops around with a fantasic reputation. In 25 years he never had a liability claim.

Recently he replaced a defective fuel pump for a customer.... long story short the car broke down on the freeway, got hit HARD, now the customer is a vegetable. The family sues him for installing a defective part (even tho it was a NEW manufactures part) and wins! Millions were awarded.

Now imagine the cause of the accident being the tint...... and not having any liability insurance :spit

just my 2 cents...

if the tint is legal..how can you be liable?

Depends on if you have enough money or coverage to proove (is that a word) your innocence.

Archived