Flat glass school...books?

Guest Pyromanikk

Guest darkdan

A 3 day course would be a good investment.

It's nothing like car windows except for the fact you apply polyster with some form of adhensive to some type of glass. The similarities basically stop there.

Guest Pyromanikk
A 3 day course would be a good investment.

It's nothing like car windows except for the fact you apply polyster with some form of adhensive to some type of glass. The similarities basically stop there.

How about videos? any videos out there?

Where are the classes at?

anyone have any links?

Guest TONY 67

I went on a 3 day flat glass training course in the uk. I was made redundant and could get funding for a course,so I supplied funders with course info price etc and it was funded for me .I had to pay flights and accomodation but it was worth it. Going on a training course was my only option as I couldnt find any flat glass installers in my area to approach or offer my services as a (free)helper .I was instructed on identification of types of glass, cutting of film,preparation /cleaning techniques of windows prior to fitting film.Applying film (squeegy techniques)edge trimming using hard card +freehand. Application of safety and security films (varying thicknesses) applying coloured vinyls, trimming techniques used for odd shaped glass, straight edge trimming using steel rule, backroll technique, cutting from box and loads of other stuff. all in all its the best training course ive ever attended .That was 3 weeks ago and im ready to start up within next couple of weeks, as I said before use search facility as it will keep you occupied and youll learn a lot from these tint guys(sometimes the terminoligy/sayings they use can take a while )

Archived